StrikeForce scandal.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RiotChild

Apr 17, 2001
clansma.cjb.net
For those of you that check out the StrikeForce boards regularly, you would have noticed all the chaos that has been happening lately with all but 2 members of the mapping team leaving.

There have been a lot of bannings of ex-staff members as well as forum regulars who have posted their thoughts on the situation. The majority of the posts have been deleted or closed so you probably won’t be able to find the hot topics anymore.

However someone has taken ScreenShots of some of the posts and uploaded them here:

http://www.geocities.com/chimmeroo/
http://www.fragzmaps.f2s.com/save_sf/

Makes you wonder if things are working out great between the staff members of Infiltration, or would there another scandal such as this going public?

Alpha_9

Infiltration lead level designer
Jun 1, 2000
Washington State
I can assure you guys our team is doing great. Warren is a good guy who treats the rest of us basically as equals, always seeking a consensus when making decisions, always asking for input and advice, yet firm enough in his leadership to keep the project on a coherent track. We're all friends to one extent or another, and we treat each other accordingly. All of us care about INF, and we act like it. I know personally it's been a pleasure working on the team for the time I have so far... :)

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
I can't believe Goldabar is leaving... He's a great guy.
Gruff emailed me today and wants to come back and help
Good news for SF if this is true.

Also I have had this BAD ATTITUDE feeling from Desperado, Gold, Stu and Hesiher for a while now. Instead of you guys getting pissed just leave if your that mad. To be honest with you guys I really can do without the hassle and BS.
What kind of team leader is that?

more comments coming up...

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
Wow, I hope their team can weather this kind of storm. I don't play their game but they have a polished product.

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
Their maps are not suitable for Infiltration though...
Thanx RiotChild for the info.

Originally posted by SF_Optimizer
Right now I am in the process of getting a new map team
Response By Lord Heisher
see this is why we (mappers) have all left SF mike. You tell us to trust you, but people arnt blind. Why should any of us, no matter what our ability, be treated like sh|t and look up to you when you have been planning to clean the mapping cupboard out?

*sigh* Stu_Man and Goldabar is leaving SF, sad day for SF indeed. :(

RiotChild

Apr 17, 2001
clansma.cjb.net
Yep, the Strike Force team had pretty sweet maps with a good balance of action and gameplay.

My favorites are AngleFire, SaltAir, London Calling and Portugal :)

What I found disappointing about Optimizers post was when he referred to the mappers as a “dime a dozen”.

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
But seeing we are being honest I will be honest. Map designers are a dime a dozen. Newbies to join SF are excited and if I clean house of all the bad vibes and rumors I can start with a clean slate.

As for 1.65, I will be using some various maps from Plutonic, Spooger, etc. Plus three new ones from AngelHeart.

The SF producer isn't all that bright. He's pretty ruthless too. Mappers are a dime a dozen. Talented mappers are not a dime a dozen. It shows a lack of understanding to state something like that. No wonder the mappers felt unappreciated. They were.

Angelheart and Spooger, if you guys read this, I think you should tell Opti that he can't use your maps. It might teach him to have a little respect for art, and the artists.

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
Village is my favourite map for SF. :tup:
I am a little surprise seeing Major-Lee-High around these forums from time to time.
Now this.
:(
Seriously, Stu_Man, Desporado and Goldabar will have a lot of potential elsewhere. Desporado is in Tac-ops, hope Stu and Gold will get to continue the interest they so love. As third party mappers or mappers for mods, I'll still wanna play their maps. Wish them all the best.

Anyway can we contact them? Thanx

RiotChild

Apr 17, 2001
clansma.cjb.net
To be honest I did not even read your entire post Gold

... such disrespect. Raises questions if SF is run by a competent individual.
By the way, Optimizer regards himself as a highly religious Christian who at one point of time made a sticky post offering help and counseling to Online SF players who feel they need psychological advice.

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
Seem that thread. :p
Opti sadly, behaves if he's above the rest from most of the post I read from him. StrikeForce will not fare well under such a leader. He's not a morale booster, neither had I seem him truely encourages the team-members, just talks with no meanings.
The only thing I've seem him taken strictly/seriously is his religon. :(
I'm sure SF will still grow in development though, but might be in for a bumpy ride.