att : WebSlinger

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

pacman

Jun 2, 2001
Birmingham, UK
Visit site
Just read your posting under the forum topic "Doing the combo while moving ". I didn't want to reply to that post as this is off-topic and didn't want to invade someone elses topic.

Question, how did you make those images ? Although they appear a little too small for my needs, it would be very hlpful to me if I could produce the same effect (only at twice the size for clarity).

I hope you can help

Pacman
hipacman@hotmail.com

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
  1. bind a key to "demorec combo" and another key to "stopdemo"
  2. get in game when you think you're about to do your cool feat, hit the demo start key, when done, hit the stopdemo key
  3. run UT in window mode
  4. use Snagit to capture the video to an AVI file
  5. SLOW PART!! use an AVI player to go through the AVI one frame at a time, use PrtScn to print the screen then paste it into a GIF Animation tool frame by frame (I think mine are 40-50 frames but then in FireWorks, I pared them down a bit to try to keep them under 100k)
  6. if there's a program that converts AVI to animated GIF use that instead, but I don't know of one. That would cut production time WAAAAAY down
    [/list=1]

Also, I shrunk mine down in both the AVI player and in the graphics program too try and keep them under 100k, so making larger ones is entirely possible, but depending on your frames and color output you're looking at an easy 500k file

pacman

Jun 2, 2001
Birmingham, UK
Visit site
thx a mill guys

Wow, so much to do and so little time. If there is a quicker way, I'll find it.

By the way, my games have lagged so badly lately, that your avi. movies look better than my actual game-play :(

Again, Thx everyone

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
I used Camtaisia last night and it takes MUCH MUCH MUCH Better pictures from the game than snagit, but has MUCH MUCH MUCH lower framerates. I may tweak it some more, and try to get some decent videos before my 30-day trial runs out. I just don't think i'll be paying $300 for this, my wife might actually kill me. It's made by techsmith also.

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
attached below is a gif made from a video that camtasia took. I shrunk it down to 100k for size reasons, but it takes MUCH MUCH sharper pictures (like taking a screenshot), but you'll see the video is not as smooth. Also the little jump is the video is my fault, I got some frames mixed up and didn't really feel like correcting it.