Damn, still no 2.86, I'm going crazy here!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rocko

the king of hipshots
Apr 6, 2001
Sweden
www.c-22.org
Originally posted by poaw
Cheer up! For every bit of sanity you lose. 2.86 is that much closer ot being completed. :)

Dat is troo...:D

However I just hope that it's released before sep. 20th, cuz me and me mates are going to have a LAN then. :)

Tiran Kenja

CO of Creepers
Feb 26, 2001
www.creepers.org
Originally posted by [121st]Burton
Alpha9:
quote:Still hammering out the last few rough edges in what will be the most solid release of any INF 2.8+ version...

Can't be too long now.

I really wish they would start every week off by either saying: No chance this week guys. OR: If not this week. Then Monday or Tuesday next week.

Now. If they did that (and meant it). Worst case senario would be a pleasent surprise when INF was released 'ahead of time'. Instead this constant reloading of the news page (for weeks and weeks) to see if it's finally become 'soon' and they released the damed thing! ;)

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
I really wish they would start every week off by either saying: No chance this week guys. OR: If not this week. Then Monday or Tuesday next week.
You'll notice that at no time has the team given specifics that said this week or the next. The closest has been Warren's hope that it would only be a few days. They obviously thought it would be sooner, but having Beppo sick was a variable that couldn't be anticipated. I'm as anxious as the next, but this is artificially anxiety we've been creating by speculating which week it will be released in. I'm sure they are waiting till all of the bugs are killed before announcing anything, to avoid any situation where a massive bug may ship out and force them to create an emergency patch.

Alpha_9

Infiltration lead level designer
Jun 1, 2000
Washington State
one mississippi two mississippi three mississippi four mississippi five mississippi...

There it's 5 seconds closer now! :D

And you can quote me on that too... ;)

Tiran Kenja

CO of Creepers
Feb 26, 2001
www.creepers.org
Originally posted by Monk_Zero

You'll notice that at no time has the team given specifics that said this week or the next. The closest has been Warren's hope that it would only be a few days. They obviously thought it would be sooner, but having Beppo sick was a variable that couldn't be anticipated. I'm as anxious as the next, but this is artificially anxiety we've been creating by speculating which week it will be released in. I'm sure they are waiting till all of the bugs are killed before announcing anything, to avoid any situation where a massive bug may ship out and force them to create an emergency patch.

EXACTLY!!! So if they would just sit down. Look at the facts of the project. And say: "Listen people. Don't expect anything this week."

We would all be able to sleep better. All this 'soon' nonsense it giving us high blood pressure ;)

The Mole

Aug 20, 2001
Visit site
Yeah, I do agree with that. Instead of announcing things like "OK, SOON PEOPLE" or "ANY DAY NOW", they should just say "NOT THIS WEEK" or something.

He's totally right. It gives us all high blood pressure waiting and waiting with the slight hope that it'll be out. I've been ripping my hair out for weeks hoping that 2.86 would come out before I go back to school. Alas, it won't now. The only good thing is that I pre-ordered Operation Flashpoint, and it'll be at my doorstep on Wednesday of this week, so that'll give me plenty to do, and it'll also lower the ole' blood pressure.

The Mole

JasonBook

American Warmonger
Oct 21, 2000
www.geocities.com
The INF team could stop today, right now and NOT release 2.86. And they would be within their right to do so. Of course, there would be a few wakkos gunning for them if they did. However, I am really, really getting sick of these threads. Alien or whatever...you should be ashamed of yourself!! Whining won't help. If you don't have anything USEFUL to post, don't post at all.

There. SO QUIT YER BITCHIN!!!

Tiran Kenja

CO of Creepers
Feb 26, 2001
www.creepers.org
Hey. I don't mind waiting... (Well I do. But I can live with it =) ).

The point is... When someone says 'soon' I expect it on my desk within 10 minutes. A day at the most... Of course in this case I cannot demand anything.

However. MY point isn't that we have to wait. Or that the INF team is not releasing every week with new weapons and less bugs... No. _MY_ point is that it is getting really old being told 'soon'. When the reality is they have some bug they want to fix (fair enough) and they are not likely to be done this week (relatively to when they say it ;).

Problem is that when Warren (or anyone else even remotly close to the INF team) says it's coming soon. The everyone halts (well not everyone. But plenty). Starts praising how good the next version will be. And that there is no real reason to play INF until the next version is out.

AND we all sit reloading the news page in hope of a release =)

&

"Sp!ke"

I actually hope Inf 2.86 will be released in three weeks or more..

Mostly because my Cable connection has gone to hell for 3 weeks
AND then it will not be so buggy...

Trevor_Clim

Is this virtuous?
Aug 6, 2001
Yew
i dont mind waiting still some weeks... a really cool, bug-free and well balanced inf 2.86 is much better than an fast-release with several patches following.

but their way in announcing of releases is a little bit annoying...