PDA

View Full Version : Unreal2 SinglePlayer StoryLine

Machismo
26th Aug 2001, 12:01 PM
:hmm:

What do u ppl want to see done to the U2 storyline?.

I want to be able to emapthizse with the characters in the game and the player itself. I'm not talking so much as bringing RPG elements into this FPS, but about having a properly scripted story that should just pull you in from the start.

PS: anyone pro style writing the storyline for U2.

IntRed
26th Aug 2001, 12:25 PM
well a deep story offcourse
and with a non linear story preferrebly, like in Deus Ex, that game has the greatest story line i'v ever seen, the way you act in the game is extraordinairy

ravenus
27th Aug 2001, 09:35 AM
I'd like a decent breezy story-line that sets the pace for the action. Not looking for Paradise Lost here.

Machismo
27th Aug 2001, 09:46 AM
Well I guess I should be grateful that no one voted the last option :D

PS: This is the slowest forum in town.
PS2: - Quality discussionhttp://forums.unreal2.net/images/icons/icon14.gif

ravenus
28th Aug 2001, 09:54 AM
Actually Machismo the choices don't really have a nice gradation.
Choices 1&2 look the same and ditto for choices 3&4. There seems to be no in-between.

Tetris L
28th Aug 2001, 10:31 AM
Frankly I don't care much about the singleplayer part of U2. I'll have played through it after 20 hrs, then again on a higher skill level. That's less than 50 hrs. But I played UT multiplayer for about 1000 hrs. So it's obvious why I'm much more interested in making sure that U2's multiplayer part will kick some serious ass.

Machismo
28th Aug 2001, 11:13 AM
The-Tetris-L- u're back or the forum would be dead :)

dont forget the community you will definitely play the sp part for longer as there will be quality maps out there so fast it will make your head spin :D

as for ravenus - the graduation option a) somethin new and thrilling and mind blowing in terms of story concepts b) better than hl um............ never mind I see what you mean :D

PS: Does anyone knwo if they have a full time story writer if so who is this girl/guy???.

Tetris L
28th Aug 2001, 12:05 PM
I'd care about the singleplayer story a bit more if there was co-op, but there is none. :(

Mike Verdu said in an XGR interview once that the story was developed in the team, with input from everybody, but that it's mostly Mike himself who elaborates the details.

Machismo
29th Aug 2001, 09:11 AM
LOL

ROFL..........

:hmm: Be honest now - I wont hit u with a shock combo. Who's the dirtbag that went and voted the last option.

Bad BOY!!!!

j/k

:p

I love that option :D

Tetris L
29th Aug 2001, 09:43 AM
It wasn't me.

But I seriously thought about going for that answer. :D

Machismo
29th Aug 2001, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by -The-Tetris-L-
I'd care about the singleplayer story a bit more if there was co-op, but there is none. :(

Mike Verdu said in an XGR interview once that the story was developed in the team, with input from everybody, but that it's mostly Mike himself who elaborates the details.

whooo thats dangerous. I mean I dont know how talented Mike Verdu is in the story dept. - I hope good :). But legend got screwed for RTNP because as gamespot claims they caught some guys from around the office and made them do the voice acting - well notexactly but something close to it I think :D. :hmm: I wonder if Verdu tweaked the story for WoT http://forums.unreal2.net/images/icons/icon5.gif That would give us a clue what to expect.

U know I actually expected a lotof ppl to vote the last one :)

I'm sick of this green dude ============> :D

From now on I will only smile. No more **** eating grins see :)