For the Mac users out there...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

erehwoN

The Bass Ackwards BTL
May 30, 2001
Wyoming, USA
Visit site
Apple releases Mac OS 9.2.1
by Peter Cohen, pcohen@maccentral.com
August 21, 2001 4:00 pm ET
Apple today released an update to Mac OS 9 -- version 9.2.1. The software is available from a link from Apple's Hot News Web page.
"Mac OS 9.2.1 Update improves Classic application compatibility in Mac OS X and additional hardware support for Macs capable of running Mac OS X," said Apple.
The 9.2.1 update requires users to have Mac OS 9.1 installed if they are performing an automatic or manual update. Apple said that the new operating system can be installed on Mac OS X-compatible computers, including the Power Mac G3, Power Mac G4, PowerBook G3 (except for the original PowerBook G3), PowerBook G4, iMac and iBook.
Separate versions of the 9.2.1 installer have been created for North American and International English markets; French, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch, and Japanese language versions are also supported. The update is available either as a single installer or as a multi-part download. The size of the upgrade depends on the localized language version being downloaded; it ranges from 82MB to 103.5MB.
Wohoooo!
Apple's Hot News

Edit: And please, I don't want some dumb ass PC user coming in here saying "huh, what the hell are you using a macintrash for? Get a real computer." If you do, it just proves your low level of maturity.

bawling.gif
I want a mac but they cost to much!!

Dank

Mac Guru
Sep 18, 2000
Genesis 1:12
I'm still using 8.6 and I don't plan on upgrading until I get a new computer.

I would like to know what changes were made with 9.2 though....

Any Mac users with it lets hear some feed back.

hawaiian c

)(åwåiiåñ ç
Jan 10, 2001
Originally posted by phatcat
bawling.gif
I want a mac but they cost to much!!
lol greedy you just whant top of the line well heres the list for what most people whant i think
oh remember the mhz myth

$1,699.00
733MHz PowerPC G4
256K L2 cache
128MB SDRAM memory
40GB Ultra ATA drive
CD-RW drive
NVIDIA GeForce2 MX
Gigabit Ethernet
56K internal modem

$2,499.00
867MHz PowerPC G4
256K L2 & 2MB L3 cache
128MB SDRAM memory
60GB Ultra ATA drive
SuperDrive
NVIDIA GeForce2 MX
Gigabit Ethernet
56K internal modem

$3,499.00
Dual 800MHz PowerPC G4
256K L2 & 2MB L3 per processor
256MB SDRAM memory
80GB Ultra ATA drive
SuperDrive
NVIDIA GeForce2 MX w/TwinView
Gigabit Ethernet
56K internal modem

hawaiian c

)(åwåiiåñ ç
Jan 10, 2001
what??? that small peace of a junk my friend has that he never use that well once or twice he say's its better using a LDM from mac and chee 1.999 for that i can get that for at least $500 and the head set makes the pic move like real 3d world

raindog

Amnesiac
Jan 14, 2001
Actually, this is the Mac I want....

Cost: $6818.00
Summary
• Dual 800MHz PowerPC G4
• 768MB SDRAM - 2 DIMMs
• 80GB Ultra ATA drive
• Apple Cinema Display (22" flat panel)
• Zip 250 Drive
• Apple SuperDrive
• NVIDIA GeForce3 - 64MB DDR-SDRAM
• AirPort Card
• Apple Pro Keyboard - U.S. English
• Mac OS - U.S. English
• Gigabit Ethernet
• Two USB ports
• Two FireWire ports
• Apple Pro Mouse

... I can't really afford that, so I'm going to say goodbye to my IMac, buy a PC, and save all my cash for the next 4 years so I can.:D

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
I'm leary of MacOS "Upgrades"

Performance really dropped on my G4 at work when I went from 9.0 to 9.1 (with 9.0 the system ran on about 40M...with 9.1, with all the same programs and extensions, it runs at about 75M :mad: ).

But what the hell...I'll probably do it again and get burned Monday when I get back to work :p

erehwoN

The Bass Ackwards BTL
May 30, 2001
Wyoming, USA
Visit site
I think I will upgrade to X when it reaches 10.1 in Sept. As for 9.2.1, I am leaving for school Sunday night, so I won't be on my mac for some time to let you guys know how it runs. Let me know, kay? And some sad news for us macsters...Jobs announced that there will be no new hardware at the Macworld Expo in Paris. :( So much for a Ghz G4 or G5.

erehwoN

The Bass Ackwards BTL
May 30, 2001
Wyoming, USA
Visit site
I haven't done it yet. I won't be able to get my hands on the 2nd CD until Monday or so when I am at school. So for now I am just using D3D on it. But I was playing vanilla UT after I put the Digital Vibrance all the way up and I was only getting about 80 fps. I was playing Morpheous with only 3 bots. Shouldn't my fps higher than that? Should I go ahead and switch to OGL with that driver you sent me without the better textures, or would it be easier if I waited until I get the 2nd CD?