I Sure Hope...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Saving Private Raptor

What The ^%&;*$!!!
Dec 5, 2000
Wollongong, NSW, Australia
That the Unreal 2 or the UW engine will have a Geo-Mod feature like in Red Faction :)
It would be great if you could just break into a house or room using the Benelli M1 to blow off the hinges of the door, like in the movie Navy Seals (great movie that). Or if you know that someone is just waiting for you on the other side of the door for you to open it, just pick a wall plant some tnt or use the Hk 69 and make a new door :D and kill the Mother Fu*ker who though he was gona get an easy kill :D :D

Any way what do you guys think if Geo-Mod was gona be in U2/UW and used in Inf? I for one think it would be GREAT!!

erehwoN

The Bass Ackwards BTL
May 30, 2001
Wyoming, USA
Visit site
I doubt that U2 will have the geo-mod in it. It is too near completion to have something like that implemented in it. However, UW may be far enough off that something like that may make it into the game. These are just my thoughts, so I could be wrong.

erehwoN

The Bass Ackwards BTL
May 30, 2001
Wyoming, USA
Visit site
I wouldn't be so sure Cypher. Yes, UC uses the UW engine, but the release of UW is at least a year away, and probably longer than that. A lot to the code can happen in that time. Remember, UT was released over a year and a half ago. By the time U2 comes out, UT will be over 2 years old. Expect roughly the same amount of time between U2 and UW. So, there is hope.

Saving Private Raptor

What The ^%&;*$!!!
Dec 5, 2000
Wollongong, NSW, Australia
Originally posted by St0rmcaller
Navy Seals you say is a great movie? And you play INF?

It is only a move dude! And not a realistic depiction of war unlike Saving Private Ryan (Now That’s A Realistic Movie).

I just like the action scenes of the movie (Nave Seals) and the goals they have to complete within a mission, we'll be hopefully doing that in EAS :)

What other good (military) movies do you guys recommend me to watch?

And WTF was this thread moved to the Off Topic section??

The thing says:
Take it to the O/T forum for all your rants, raves, and disgusts that have nothing to do with Inf

I'm sure, im talking about Infiltration and the things I/we could do, if and when there will be Geo-Mod in the Unreal engine!

St0rmcaller

[AFA]'s unoffical godfather
Apr 4, 2001
United States of America
The only one I can think of to recommend at this time is Full Metal Jacket. Pay attention to the movement done in Hue City. Aside from the fact that they bunched up too much in the open areas, the movement is real, as is the use of cover and concealment. A lot of movies, particularly action flicks, are just way out of bounds with reality. Movies that involve weapons and reality tend to be dubbed "drama" a la Saving Private Ryan, or FMJ.

One more to recommend is Heartbreak Ridge. I really don't remember it too well, but I seem to recall the tactics and movement as being real. With that movie you can see how they put the SOC in MEU.

I should start writing INF movie reviews! :D

Confessions Corner: I enjoyed watching Three Kings. Probably the dumbest movie with guns, but I liked it. It made me giggle.

erehwoN

The Bass Ackwards BTL
May 30, 2001
Wyoming, USA
Visit site
This is a quote off of Unreality from an interview with Mike Verdun about U2 that fits this thread.
15. Will it have structure damage as in Red Faction? Where you can shoot out walls, or pillars & the whole structure comes tumbling down?
We support a very high level of interactivity with the environment (as any good FPS should). We don't have fully destructible environments, but then again I don't think any product has really pulled that off quite yet.
You can read the entire interview here.
:)