air vents

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

saniko

Aug 21, 2001
www.geocities.com\zgohan1
auto-fly

i dont have unreal i just hang out in here cause well... the editors are just about the same :D well anyway...

do you know how to make it so when you walk over it you auto-lift off the ground ? i play on this map all the time and i cant load it up to check how it works....:mad:

New2this

Aug 13, 2001
Wisconsin
Visit site
Why don't you just make an invisible mover that pushes them up when they stand on it.
Or, better yet create an invisible mover like they did in the map DM conveyor, then you couldn't fall back down, you could only go UP

ZodiaK

irresponsible walrus
Feb 14, 2000
onboard The Mothership
ameba.lpt.fi
1) DM-Conveyor is an Unreal Tournament map, not Unreal (New2This, "Unreal" or "U1" refers to Unreal I, the original game, while "UT" refers to Unreal Tournament - to avoid mixups).

2) DM-Conveyor uses zone velocity to create an illusion of conveyer belts (as Tarq said); the only other movers that i recall on that map are elevators.

smally

Jan 30, 2000
Weaverville, NC USA
Visit site
Saniko: To make the weapons stay you don't do anything in the editor. That option is in the set-up of the game. When you start the game up click thru the different tabs and put a tick in the box that says "weapon stay".

The ultimate novice

It's MY island!
Feb 14, 2001
Gator Country
Visit site
About that air vent lift; I see what you want now. Here's what to do:
1) Zone off a conical area above the fan or blower, with the tip of the cone pointed up.
2) Add a zone Info inside this zone and set its ZoneGravity to 50 or something, depending on how strong you want the fan to be.
3) Rebuild and play.

You will probably want to play around with the ZoneGravity until it throws you just right. The reason for the conical zone is that it gives the illusion of being stronger near the middle, because it pushes you up higher. Have fun! :D

saniko

Aug 21, 2001
www.geocities.com\zgohan1
i got it to work

i got the tornado to work but it dont really work right but oh well... now im just sitting and learning about stuff... i dont know what kind of a map to make....:(

-------------------------
pathetic