Simple Question: Copying problems.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Grimwerm

Aug 21, 2001
Vancouver
Visit site
First i'd like to say i've scanned the internet over for an answer to this question, including countless tutorials, irc chans and faq... So hopefully a newbie post isn't too frowned upon.

Anyways my problems is as follows:

I create a room and give it textures. I then wish to copy this room including its textures.

So i take the red builder brush and place it directly on to the room I wish to copy. Now at this point all tutorials say it should turn yellow and i will be able to right-click and enter a menu that has polygons > to brush... But mine does not turn yellow. and if i right click on the (now red box) i get only a few options (add light here, grid, pivot, level properties)

So, thats the problem - please respond.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grimwerm - the annoying newbie.

Toomanyaardvarks

el hombre de los moleculos
Oct 24, 2000
sounds like what you want to do is copy the room onto the brush. heres what you have to do...when a brush is yellow, that means the brush has been subtracted from the world. to copy all the brush's information to your red brush, just right click on the yellow brush and select "polygons -> to brush" and there you go. your brush is now an exact copy of the yellow brush.

actually now that i think about it you may be talking about deintersecting. this is better than copying to brush. when you deintersect your red brush, you take all the subtracted areas inside the brush and these areas will become your brush. it doesn't change the world it just changes the brush. just make a brush about the same size as your room (it has to completely cover the room) and iht the deintersect button. tada!

Techno JF

He Who Has Powerful Words
You can also right-click on the yellow brush and choose "Duplicate." (This works with any kind of brush.) The problem with this is that you don't have control of where the copy of the brush is originally put in the level. Also, this only copies the brush and its textures; if you put any actors inside the subtracted area, you would have to duplicate them too. Finally, this only seems to work if you want to duplicate one brush at a time, or if you want to make several copies of a single brush.

Grimwerm

Aug 21, 2001
Vancouver
Visit site
Thanks

I can't figure out why i was having so much darn trouble with that.

Thank you both.

----------------------------------------------------------
Grimwerm - The happy newbie.