$$ for Level Editing

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

goshen14

Aug 21, 2001
Pittsburgh, PA
www.pitt.edu
I have an historically accurate Roman Temple modeled in 3dsMaxx 4.0 and in VMRL 2.0. I need one of them converted into *.unr format. You can go to this page to see some pics of an earlier version$ get an idea:

http://www2.sis.pitt.edu/~jacobson/isis/Isis-2D.html

The converted temple will be used in the Interactive Ancient Egypt course at Carnegie Mellon University, as part of a much larger VR+Multimedia pile of online course materials. Everything is open source.

My co-teachers and I can pay a token amount of $500 for successful conversion. This will probably end up being lower than minimum wage, but certainly more than one usually gets for contribuing to an open source project. I am aware of UnreaED's ability to import small models in *.asc and *.dxf formats, but it cannot handle the entire temple. (crashes) I think it will have to be brought over in pieces, put back together and
retextured.

We need two things: the first piece of the temple which is a VERY simple room, really just a rectangular room with a texture for each wall, ASAP to use in our first class meeting on Aug 27th. The rest, we want as soon as possible, a piece at a time if possible, with September 18th, being the completion date.

If you are interested, please contact me at:

goshen@sis.pitt.edu
412-889-5893
www.pitt.edu/~jljst15

Zaphrod

President of the Universe
Sep 27, 2000
Betelgeuse V
Visit site
Looking at those renderings I would think it might be much easier to simply rebuild the temple in Ued2. It doesnt look very complicated. The only thing necessary would be the textures and a blueprint of some kind. Also are you planning on using Unreal Movie Studio to play the scene?

MachDelta

Haphazard Nobody
Apr 29, 2001
Canada
Visit site
Only thing that doesnt look too friendly iz the top of the pillars in the second picture.... *yuck*.
Otherwise its all simple geometry :p

MD

Zaphrod

President of the Universe
Sep 27, 2000
Betelgeuse V
Visit site
The top of those pillars could be done in a matter of minutes in Milkshape and could also be done with multiple brushes made in the 2D editor.

MachDelta

Haphazard Nobody
Apr 29, 2001
Canada
Visit site
Hey! No cheating! You cant use Milkshape for something like this ;)
As for the 2D, im just not quite sure what the most efficient way to model those would be. I'd have to get a few angles on them before I could figure that out anyways :p

MD