defaultproperties;

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
is it an error you get when starting Ued? Could you post a shot or exat wordings please....or do I just don't have a clue what I'm talking about:)

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
UEd's compiler doesn't know how to handle the defprops section at the end of a class.
It might be possible to set them by right-clicking the class in the actor browser once it's compiled, I havent tried.

easiest thing is to use UCC.

I use UEd to write & test my stuff & when I'm happy with it I copy it across to Editpad & compile it with UCC.

TaoPaiPai

Commisaire Van Loc
Jun 13, 2000
Matnik
Visit site
Originally posted by tarquin
It might be possible to set them by right-clicking the class in the actor browser once it's compiled, I havent tried.

Yes but then you can only edit the variable declared editable by the coder (ie the variable with () after their name) so you can't really use this feature.(there are a lot of variables you can't edit)
That's the biggest problem with The Ued compiler,that and the search function that doesn't scroll.

Papapishu

我是康
Jun 18, 2001
void
www.vovoid.com
defaultproperties is a section that takes the thing you normally see when tou choose 'properties' from the right-click-menu in the actor browser.
Since they think it's easier to use a panel to do all the settings (for example browsing for a texture instead of knowing it's exact name) they have to make a special innovation when exporting to a textfile.
Since the default properties must be held somewhere, they invented this little area that differs from other programming-style to contain the values taken from the properties-panel.

To make it work, you must remove that piece of text and change the values in the properties-panel for the class...

TaoPaiPai

Commisaire Van Loc
Jun 13, 2000
Matnik
Visit site
Originally posted by papapishu
defaultproperties is a section that takes the thing you normally see when tou choose 'properties' from the right-click-menu in the actor browser.
Since they think it's easier to use a panel to do all the settings (for example browsing for a texture instead of knowing it's exact name) they have to make a special innovation when exporting to a textfile.
Since the default properties must be held somewhere, they invented this little area that differs from other programming-style to contain the values taken from the properties-panel.

To make it work, you must remove that piece of text and change the values in the properties-panel for the class...
Yes ,but you cannot make all that you can make by using an external editor.If you look at the script for the botpack classes in notepad,you'll see that their default properties contains some variables that are kept hidden to the property panel in UED ,therefore you cannot initialize these variable using the UEd compiler,but you can do it when you write the code 'by hand' in notepad.For example you can't edit the default team icon textures when you are making a new challengeTeamHud.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
whats a blond moment? :confused:

basically, an UnrealScript class has a special section at the end with default props for that class. It's not proper UScript (no ; at the end of lines). It gets a declaration and the whole list of variable settings comes in { }.
unfortunately, the UEd compiler doesn't understand this section at all.

Papapishu

我是康
Jun 18, 2001
void
www.vovoid.com
Nuclear Fuzz Grunge

Well there are loads and loads of tutorials all over the net
Some links:
unreal.epicgames.com The official tech-homepage for Unreal/UT

Check www.planetunreal.com and scroll down to the left-menu item:
Hosting
Editing/Programming

Where there are many links to homepages filled with tutorials and examples.

A bit down you'll find different links to homepages making mods

There is a procedure thah I'm to tired to repeat here right now, that makes you get all the source code to the mods you want to download (or already have)
:eek:ZZZzzz...

Ask me if you want me to tell you...

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
open the actor browser.
right-click on any class, select "edit script"

you now have the UScript window. you can edit classes here (though it's very unwise to edit the original EPic classes, nay downright dangerous) and create new ones. there' a button on the toolbar for this window to compile.

PU/chimeric has excellent tutes for beginners.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
... if you do, jump on it fast, zap it with a Jordan Curve and while it's still stunned tie it up with a Semi-Infinte String :D

If you've done Group Theory, there's an 8 element group, called the Quaternion Group, Q8. That works like the field of Quaternions, but it's easier to take in. :)

Lemoni

The Philosapher
Feb 17, 2001
members.lycos.co.uk
Blond moment

:D YO Tarquit Blond moment means i suddenly don't know what's happening.

Another Q,
how do i get the two lines that go strait down in u script?
:confused:

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
You mean the symbol for Logical OR?
That's "||" and it's the "|" key twice, SHIFT + \ on most keyboards.
All the binary operators that act on booleans are double symbols, to distinguish from the bitwise versions that are the single symbol.
so: && is boolean AND, & is bitwise AND.

I hope you're not implying blondes are dim... the brushbuilders wouldn't be here if it weren't for a certain blonde :cool: