Question about Inertia system...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

c+k|nEVeRmOre

~A.K.A. wesley_sniper~
Does anyone know if you will take a big stamina hit for strafing back and forth rapidly? If that is not the case, they should add that in. Think about how winded you would get if you were rapidly jumping from side to side whilst running your ass off and firing. I think it would be very realistic to take a stamina hit for strafing side to side. I do not mean just a stamina hit just for strafing, but, for rapidly changing strafing directions.

For example if I strafe right a bit and then decide to strafe right a bit more. If I do this too quickly, it is interpreted as jumpin go the side. This happens relatively often to me walking forward and then suddenly I jump to the ground without wanting to.

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
No jsut for changing directions. Sounds like a plan to me. so it'd only happen if you'd go from left to right or the other way around.

-=TBF=-KOFFEYKID

Jun 2, 2001
New York
Visit site
Yeah i agree, but, you have to wonder, wouldn't it be easier to slow the person down as well, i mean, you cant just naturally run to youre side right? it'd be kinda funny to have a tripping percent chance, like you catch a ledge while strafing left, you'd fall face first, of course with a percent chance ov recovering at the cost of some speed, but it'd look really stoopid.

c+k|nEVeRmOre

~A.K.A. wesley_sniper~
I am not saying that it should happen as L-R then a stamina hit. I am thinking in terms of L-R-L-R-L (within the span of 1-2 seconds) and then a stamina hit for each subsequent L-R direction reversal within a predetermined time, like maybe 2-3 seconds. The other thing that would determine it is if you were in run/sprint mode. When you are dancing you should be loosing stamina. It should be easy to determine the difference between someone dancing around like Gene Kelly with an assault rife and someone who is just changing directions.

sentinel418

Aug 19, 2001
Visit site
i agree that something should be done about the side to side strafing thing... but i think that once the speed is toned down and accuracy while moving is horrible... it wont work anymore. Because if u think about it a person can do that in real life... just not as fast as u can in infiltration... so once the speed is toned down everyhting will be ok.

May 22, 2000
Amsterdamned
resolute.gamepoint.net
Since this is the first 'release' of the inertia system in Inf, it'll need tweaking...Lets see how it's worked out in 2.86, then commend on it. That way the team can change it in a following patch, which will come shortly (not too shortly since they want to make it a solid release) after 2.86...