Ugly people......

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
S

"Sp!ke"

Ananova :

Ugly people earn less, research suggests
Ugly people earn less than better-looking employees, according to new research.
Daniel Hamermesh from the University Of Texas has studied pay levels in the US, Canada and China.
He says ugly people earn up to 10% less than those with average looks.
He says: "The research makes it very clear that people who are better-looking earn somewhat more than your average person and people who are worse looking earn less."
He's giving a lecture called The Economics Of Beauty at Melbourne University.
The best looking 30% of people can expect to earn up to 5% more than people in the middle 60%.
Those in the bottom 10%, he describes as "pretty ugly people", earn up to 10% less than the middle 60%.
"We are programmed almost from birth to think about looks. If it's not your customers, it's the fellow employees who are revolted by working with an incredibly ugly person," he told The Age.

Is this true?!!!?

Mad_Dog

Voice Of Reason
Mar 27, 2001
Soviet Canuckistan
www.planetunreal.com
damn... glad i'm sexy:D. this isn't that surprising though... for another example, look how women start to criticize others and hate their own bodies when they are really young. or the way fat kids get picked on in elementary school. we're trained from birth to think this way, so it's pretty damn hard to get out of it, unfortunately.

Wouldn't suprise me...

Since when have you seen an ugly chick get attention from guys? Since when have you seen a young ugly chick marrying some old rich guy? You'll most like see a beautiful young girl there.

Same goes for guys. We all tease the fatas<b></b>s in school. Or the guy who has a pizza/crater face.

Yeah, its a human thing. We judge on appearance. Hell, some people try to avoid bums on the street. We have our eyes, and we can use them for judgement. Too bad our judgement ain't always the best...

Am I fortunate for being born thin or what