Something Daddybone said I like

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Meat Sac

May 30, 2001
PDX
Visit site
Originally posted by DaddyBone
Ok guys!

Thing of it is that INF is for the masses, not just the veterans. This is no 'proper' way to do things, except as WE, the members developing the mod put them together. To Do this, OF COURSE we listen to what the community wants, but remember, this is also for FUTURE MEMBERS of our community. More people playing INF is a GOOD thing, so we gear stuff toward that. All the other 'rules' we all follow aren't carved in stone, we've just all generally agreed that there are certain things you don't do... and of course, some people do them anyway. These INF mores are flexible and they change all the time, which is also a good thing, as it makes us more of a community.

this was from a thread discussing auto-reload features but I feel DB's statements reach further. Especially in the light of the last Proximity/Teamwork thread.

The fact that someone in the INF team stated that INF is for the masses, not just the veterans is very encouraging. I also like the statement about no proper way of doing things. So whether you are on the side of extreme realism to more game play oriented or somewhere in between. The message is clear. The game is for everyone.

Cpt.Cypher

I Go By Cypher Now
Apr 7, 2001
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Visit site
My complaint is that if we don't aim for more realism why is Inf different from any other game out there? In its current state run and gun dominate just like it does in most "supposidly" realistic games. Honestly I would not want another rehash of CS, SF, or TO. I want a infantry simulator that has teamplay. Democracy kicks me in the ass again. But again, thats my opinion.

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
this was from a thread discussing auto-reload features but I feel DB's statements reach further. Especially in the light of the last Proximity/Teamwork thread.

Exactly this was on features that make the game easier to play, this had no bearing on the proximity/teamwork thread.
That was about promoting teamwork which... is completely irrelevant to making the interface more user friendly.

Thank you, move along.

Meat Sac

May 30, 2001
PDX
Visit site
Originally posted by The_Fur

Exactly this was on features that make the game easier to play, this had no bearing on the proximity/teamwork thread.
That was about promoting teamwork which... is completely irrelevant to making the interface more user friendly.

Thank you, move along.

My point is the overall message of this game is for everyone, not just you or I. I thought the statement applied to more than just one topic. My reference to proximity thread was because of the tone and many disagreements. JB's statement rings true to all aspects of the game.

It was a message of optimism Fur, don't take it any other way.

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
Now what was the Proximity/teamwork thread on?
That has nothing to do with whether this game is for the masses or not. The grounds of Infiltration are that it is a realistic teamgame and no masses are going to change that.
The "tone" of that thread became the way it was because of "certain people" missing the previously mentioned point.

The thread in which DB posted was on whether or not a feature to make inf simpeler or not should be implemented. His reply was to state that this only made it easier for the mass of people to plaay the game and it would not have any effect on the rest of us therefor there was no real reason to oppose it.

You somewow thought you could use DB's quote to implicate a connection between the two and continue the debate (which you allready lost BIGTIME):

Originally posted by somebody who can't read.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You do not control how this mod is played and never will.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by me

quote:
I'm not talking about controlling, nor have i ever said anything about controlling players. All I want is to uncourage em to play "proper" (IE as a team) and this can simply be attained by discouraging or simply NOT promoting them to compete against eachother within the team.

quote:
As i've said in the last... what.... 5 posts? While you can't controll peoples behaviour you can at least steer them in the right direction.

quote:
I mean wtf? have you been reading my last posts? The last 6 posts or so have said the same thing over and obver. I AM NOT TRYOING TO FORCE ANYBODY TO DO ANYTHING, I AM ONLY TRYING TO STEER THEM IN THE RIGHT WAY.

kthx now please stfu

Meat Sac

May 30, 2001
PDX
Visit site
I am not continuing that debate Fur.

*Ignores Fur from this point*

To the rest who have responded. You see my point and thanks for responding with your views.

Mad_Dog

Voice Of Reason
Mar 27, 2001
Soviet Canuckistan
www.planetunreal.com
tactics, teamwork and how they are used or not also affects how easy for people it is for people (newbies and otherwise) to play the game... if you make it so that proximity and scoring promotes teamwork then it is easier for people to get started playing realistically.

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
if you make it so that proximity and scoring promotes teamwork then it is easier for people to get started playing realistically.
This is all i want, it is what INF is supposed to be. Realistic and team oriented.

I am not continuing that debate Fur.
One of his most likely idle promises to leave.
there are more in the now closed thread on teamwork.

-GAT-Rogue

Jul 22, 2001
Visit site
inf is for everyone, but it till needs to be realistic, you can play however you want (run n gun, teamwork, moing slow), but it doesnt mean it should work.