Wildcat 5110 and Direct draw.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Navigator96

Aug 15, 2001
Cleveland
Visit site
We have just recently purchased new computers at work for a whole batch of college recruits. They all play UT! Game on. We have gotten new Dell precision 330 with the 1.5 gig P4 processor and the Wildcat 5110 Video card. We are running Windows 2000 professional. Unfortunately the Video card does not support Direct Draw / Direct X, etc.

We are able to play using the Open GL driver. The screens are still a little too dark for comfort. Are there any open gl drivers that may correct this probelm? or is there any other way to "brighten" the screen. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

~Navigator

Archmage[GDI]

Feb 13, 2001
Pittsburgh PA
Visit site
You can change the brightness several ways in UT, the first is to adjust the brightness tab in video preferences. You can also turn up the brightness on your monitor. Or go into your vid card drivers and adjust your gamma resolution. Hope this helps

Archmage[GDI]

Feb 13, 2001
Pittsburgh PA
Visit site
Go to Control Panel, click on display. Open the settings tab. Click advanced, then look throught the tabs for something called gamma. It should be a slider. Play around with this for the desired effect. Keep in mind though that this will change the brightness on everything. But for me, UT is my most important application so my desktop can suffer.