Take one for the team?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BOOMbastic

Aug 8, 2001
USA
Visit site
Ok I was playing team death match the other day and someone tossed a grenade around the corner. All 3 of us just stood there waiting for the explosion when I quickly went prone on top of it. I figured this would cancel the effects in the surrounding enviroment sparing my poor team mates (alls it did was make the specators chant there usual n1 mantra) because I decided I was going to take one for the team. I think this option should be available to make it more realistic. Just wondered what everyone else thought?
-Sergeant_Amor

:stick:

LoTekK

Peon
Jul 26, 2001
Washington, DC
i think this would definitely be a good addition to the game... while i've never come across such a situation personally, if it came down to it i wouldn't mind dropping on top of one myself...

oh yeah, chan and armor, i salute your selflessness... :)

LoTekK

Peon
Jul 26, 2001
Washington, DC
personally i think it should be implemented, but without the points... i don't think you should get points for jumping on a grenade... the feeling that comes with having saved the lives of your teammates should be reward enough...
plus, of course, the fact that they now owe you one... :D

RiotChild

Apr 17, 2001
clansma.cjb.net
This would be a pretty cool feature to implement :D
However I wouldn't see it being put too much use on the publics unless actual bonus points were rewarded.

LoTekK

Peon
Jul 26, 2001
Washington, DC
However I wouldn't see it being put too much use on the publics unless actual bonus points were rewarded
don't matter... like kuro said, you put bonus points, and people will be jumping on grenades just for the hell of it... honestly, if they're not going to jump on a grenade for me, that's their choice... it doesn't really matter... we don't want to encourage this behavior so much as we want to have it in so that we'll be able to sacrifice for the good of the team...

and that's what it's really all about, isn't it? the team...

Kisen_K

S&M Airlines
May 12, 2000
Norway
rullings.com
Maybe if there is friends within 10 meters or so, you get a bonus to your teamwork %'age to promote saving teammates. On the other side, it would be stupid if suddetly 3 person pronedives on the same grenade :rolleyes:

devilmonkey

Sgt. Carlos Hathcock wannabe
Oct 15, 2000
is it real?

I think this would be a great addition but without any bonus point or anything. But my real question is will throwing yourself on a grenade in real life really negate the fragments that much or is this just something we've been lead to believe from seeing it in movies?

LoTekK

Peon
Jul 26, 2001
Washington, DC
basically... yeah... you take not only the brunt of the blast itself, but the fragments, too... wouldn't be too pretty, i'd imagine...

devilmonkey

Sgt. Carlos Hathcock wannabe
Oct 15, 2000
ah-ha

Wow, you're fast on the reply. Ok, so the other soldiers would only have to worry about being hit by people fragments, not grenade fragments, heh :)

the vrrc

noexistant user
Jun 16, 2001
Visit site
Will they have to bring gibs into INF then?

I remember this being discusses a while ago, don't remember what the outcome was. (Yes, I finally got to say that!)