PDA

View Full Version : What's your favourite weapon

Radi8
4th Jan 2000, 04:41 PM
Hey everybody, let's have a discussion about the weapons, which are good and which are bad.

My personal favourite is the flakcannon cause you don't have to be a master on aiming to hit your enemy. The flak also gives a great result in close quarters combat.

Hellscrag
4th Jan 2000, 05:12 PM
I love the Flak Cannon because if you do get the aiming right then it's bloody powerful /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

I like the Biorifle because you can plunge a poor Skaarj under a barrage of goop and the poor creature just doesn't know what's going on.

I like the Assault Rifle because of the decapitations (Skaarj, Mercenaries, Krall)

I don't like the Razorjack because it's too dangerous. I've decapitated MYSELF with it before /~unreal/ubb/html/biggrin.gif

http://www.planetunreal.com/images/bullet2.gif
Hellscrag, Unreal single player nut :) , a.k.a. [SkW]Deathwish in DM.
Email me hellscrag@lineone.net
Check my website http://surf.to/scragsite for Unreal Walkthroughs and other cool stuff.

Callisto
13th Jan 2000, 10:56 PM
The automag is underrated.
It is good for killing things at a distance leaving you enough time to dodge incoming rockets, rocks or whatever. I use it more than any other gun in the outdoor areas and quite a few places inside.

The flak gun is a good gun to carry when you are in new places and may run into enemies when rounding a corner.

Razorblades = self-inflicted injuries including losing your head.

/~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

hal
14th Jan 2000, 01:46 AM
ASMD is king in Unreal. Flak is my personal fave!

Yes, I know I'm full of $I-IiT - but I'm inhuman dammit!

Hellscrag
14th Jan 2000, 01:46 PM
Yeah I don't mean to rubbish the Automag, it's a great gun.

Hey Callisto haven't seen you round for a while...

Hellscrag, Unreal single player nut :) , a.k.a. [SkW]Deathwish in DM.
Email me hellscrag@lineone.net
Check my website http://surf.to/scragsite for Unreal Walkthroughs and other cool stuff.

Guysmily
24th Jan 2000, 02:25 AM
Try the Serpentine mod. The weapons in there are incredible.

They are real world weapons like some other mods, but are done with incredible realism. My favorite out of those is the Bolt Action Remington 308 with the 4x power scope.

NaliPriest123
25th Jan 2000, 08:32 AM
I don't like real-life weapons. Thas why i don't play half-life. I like Unreal cuz its weapons are, unreal.

FATALITY
25th Jan 2000, 06:58 PM
My favorite weapon is the minigun. I like the way how it sounds. My favorite weapon is also the eight ball gun.

[This message has been edited by FATALITY (edited 01-25-2000).]

Bugman
26th Jan 2000, 01:17 PM
THE REDEEMER!!!!!!!!!!

little devil on the left shoulder:
-yeahh right, you're really a bad guy

little angel on the right shoulder:
-you poor lost soul, Bugman. You should live to please others and...

devil:
-stop it white furball

angel:
-don't be so cruel, all people on the world...

devil:
-should flame each other!!!

angel:
-what the **** (oh sorry) is flamin'

devil:
-drowning someone in oil and 'FLAME' him

angel (putting a hand over Bugmans right ear):
-don't listen to things like that

Bugman:
-haven't!!, but you should listen to this...

devil:
-Hey Bugman, is that a remote-control in your hand...

angel:
-seems like somethings is 'rocketing' over here???...

devil:
-strange hummin' sound, that is...

BBBBLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the moral of the tale:
If you hear the hummin',
you should keep on runnin'!!!

TPN
25th Jun 2004, 01:33 PM
FLACK CANON!!!!

Hellscrag
25th Jun 2004, 02:00 PM
OMG, someone bumped a thread where I talk and sig like a n00b! Where'd you find this?

hyrulian
25th Jun 2004, 02:38 PM
:lol:
M-M-M-M-MONSTER BUMP !!!

Anyway, my favorite weapons in Unreal are the Flak Cannon :flak: and Eightball :rl:

Hyper
26th Jun 2004, 12:48 PM
http://www.xs4all.nl/~duivenv/forum/ASMD.JPG
http://teamshambler.telefragged.com/refsmak2.jpg

hyrulian
26th Jun 2004, 02:55 PM
http://teamshambler.telefragged.com/refsmak2.jpg
:lol: Was that the Nali in the flyby you shot? :shock:

ZetaMillenium
26th Jun 2004, 03:15 PM
this thread is kinda old .

Predcaliber
26th Jun 2004, 07:16 PM
:con:
you should browse to the last page of the Unreal/Ut forums, you wont see anything else :B

NeoNite
27th Jun 2004, 10:40 AM
this thread is kinda old .

Well if it's "kinda" old, it's not THAT bad really ;-)

Fav weapons:

Shock
Flack
automag
Quadshot

Glider of chaos
27th Jun 2004, 02:41 PM
oh ...
eightball ! & shock! & flack ! & bio ! & ...
I love them all ! :D

Predcaliber
27th Jun 2004, 03:14 PM
ok it sounds strange but i think the dispersion pistol is the one :o
(unlimited ammo usefull for sp games ;) )

/me loves the charching and unlimited ammo 2, but today I think I can beat an krall better with my Impact Hammer than the dispersion :)

<edit>

and with the 4 upgrades its a very respectable and strong gun of course :tup:

NeoNite
27th Jun 2004, 04:29 PM
Eh yeah the upgraded dp can be ok, but it can also be slow as hell. If you're facing a fair number of krall, or skaarj it becomes pretty useless (in a way).

Best thing to do against tentacles: Move a lot, zig zag. Automag drops a tentacle pretty quick. They're not that though. The second you hear one do this:

move,aim,fire

If there are too many just retreat and kill them one by one.

hyrulian
27th Jun 2004, 05:28 PM
but think of all that tentacles or mantas :eek:
:lol:

My top 2 most annoying monsters are the pupae and gasbag.

Hellscrag
27th Jun 2004, 06:15 PM
Most annoying monsters?

1. Tentacle (easy, but annoying, and often catch you with a stray spike)
2. Fly (they can sneak up on you)
3. Pupae (but these drop easily if you lay sludge in their path)

I like Mantas, they are fun, and have very detailed skins! Plenty (of all kinds) in the first few maps of Deja Vu, thanks to my influence.

Turboman
28th Jun 2004, 03:25 AM
tentacle and titan.

the tentacle because its so worthless and only hits me by accident, they should have made it that its camouflaged and that the tentacles can grab you from a certain distance (speaking of 10 meters?) and then sling you away into a canyon or pit of lava :lol:

then the titan because i hate the boulder physics, seriously the boulders are so fake and impredictable, first it looks stupid how the boulders are fired in a straight direction at a slow speed, second when they hit something they scatter around in the weirdest directions, often i get killed because a boulder 50 meters away from me hit the ground and a tiny piece flew all the way over to me :o

NeoNite
28th Jun 2004, 10:12 AM
I hate pupae, tentacles and krall.

The sooner a krall is death, the better. They're extremily annoying. I hate the way they walk and shoot at you, I hate those irritating kraalbolts and I..
I pretty much hate everything about them. They're filth, and they have to die ASAP.
Preferably a headshot, gibbed by flak cannon or multiple rockets up their krall bottom.
The more krall pieces lying around, the better :)

Predcaliber
28th Jun 2004, 11:52 AM
I think a Krall is way less annoying than a skaarj, they are very underestameted all the time, but with their annoying fast speed, mellee claws, and their gun thing.

And they are hard to kill :(

Romulan
28th Jun 2004, 12:14 PM
Marines from RTNP are the most annoying from what I've seen. Fighting them on the Prometheus was a lesson in frustration.

NeoNite
28th Jun 2004, 04:37 PM
Krall have the tendency to dodge on the most annoying moments (maybe it's just me).
Skaarj can also be a pita hehe but for some reason I don't hate them as much as those bloody krall.

Angel (angel71 here on buf) also shares my hatred for krall hehe ...
We like to summon dozens of them, set their groundspeed to 1 and make them shoot small barrels. What follows is a krall massacre. Gibs, gibs, gibs all over.
Or with the tnt from akcoop. You can easily blow up 20 krall that way.

Predcaliber
28th Jun 2004, 05:00 PM
I think skaarj dode more annoying than krall, move faster so they automaticly are harder to hit, and got more Health ( Not sure of the last thing)

an krall even slaps slower with his stupid quarter staff :p, an skaarj almost always hit you wheren you are standig 2 close :(

NeoNite
28th Jun 2004, 05:14 PM
Skaarj are fierce enemies, true. Just do the same as you would with human opponents (or bots) aim where your enemy will be...
Or change direction. Works great with asmd if you do this for example:

Hit to the left of the skaarj, or shoot a secondary shock ball.
Skaarj dodges to the right, quickly aim to the right and hit the skaarj.
Rince, repeat...
It's all about using tricks sometimes :D

Predcaliber
30th Jun 2004, 01:06 AM
yeah thats the only stupid thing about the skaarj, when you shoot a rocket to his right from a distance, there is a good chance that it wil dodge to the right, and standing still watching the rocket hitting him :D

ZetaMillenium
30th Jun 2004, 07:23 AM
My fav weapon .. Heu :con: .. mhh.. i dont got preference cauz all weapon deliver to other player a painfull time ..so .. as i say .. i think all weapon is powerfull , they got all they species and they kick ass.. (((even the bastard Bio-rifle :D ))) :lol: did u ever maded an -=holy ****=- in one shot of this suffering gun?

NeoNite
7th Jul 2004, 11:20 AM
Not in unreal, since the "holy ****" thing is part of ut2003/4 ;op
(and an ut mutator)

Sarevok
7th Jul 2004, 01:36 PM
my fav weapon is the sniper, but the best overall would have to be flak cannon, you can almost never go wrong with it

Da Spadger
6th Sep 2004, 10:11 AM
The Biorifle, thats some kick butt weapon!

BOR_Leader
11th Sep 2004, 11:15 PM
My top 3..

1. 8 BALL GUN: I like going to the top of the tower in Tundra and camping next to the lift entrance, waiting for people to come up!
2. FLAK CANNON: You dont need a steady hand with this one, great to kill the Skaarg with, And if you get up close to someone..
3. RAZORJACK: Dont mind me.. Atleast I didnt put it No.1! I think its good for killing anything around corners, especially if you are on 7 health, near the end of the level or near some health.. And you see one of those.. The.. The monsters on the top of the roof. Thats what they are handy for.

PS: Can someone please name EVERY SINGLE GUN you can get, not including mods Eg: Serpentine..
PPS: WHAT IS THE QUADGUN?!

Hellscrag
12th Sep 2004, 02:11 PM
Weapons:
http://www.unrealsp.org/gameguide/armoury.html

It's written from a single player perspective, but it gives all the names. :)

The QuadShot is a weapon left uncompleted in Unreal, completed in various mods including Oldskool Amp'd. Quad-barreled shotgun, basically.

ZBREAKER2001
12th Sep 2004, 03:47 PM
Hmmm...Flak Cannon, Automag and Sniper Rifle :D

Psychomorph
24th Oct 2005, 05:48 AM
I like pretty much all weapons in Unreal, except the bio-gun (which indeed can be extremely useful sometimes).

My Nr.1 is the Razorjack, I love bladed weapons and this one needs to be mastered. Even if the projectile is slower, I cn deal with dodging skaarj when I get close to them and circle strafe a bit and aim more to the right (when skaarj dodging right). I mostly hit them that way.
The best is to take out a skaarj, or krall by taking off their head after only 3 shots.

Byside this I prefer sniper rifle, rocket launcher, dispersion pistol (lvl 2), automag (reload). Sometimes ASMD (odd, it always was my 1st beloved weapon) and flak.

As said, pretty much everything.

Dark Pulse
24th Oct 2005, 06:31 AM
Dear lord, another bump of a thread over a year old... :rolleyes:

Don't people check the dates of a topic anymore?

draconx
24th Oct 2005, 06:46 AM
ULTRA BUMP!

Not quite as good as the last time :D

ASMD is king of Unreal. It is king of UT.
Next to that, I love the Flak cannon, and the automag, and the dispersion pistol upgrade animations (and subsequent increase-in-total-ammo-but-a-greater-increase-in-ammo-consumed-per-shot).

Hell just give me any of them, I'll shoot things with it.