GoldenEye N64 weapon port request

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
If you were thinking ALL of them, then I lol :)

most of them are already in Agent X/ INF/TO/SF....

There is one weapon that has not been ported in some form or other.... the Moonraker Laser!

That thing was awesome!

I was just wondering if anyone could toss one together, you know..... someone who has played Goldeneye... someone who can do weapons..... *looks at Kangus* :)

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
If I could make the model, it'd probably be quite simple. I don't know if I can, though, as I've never made a model for UT.

EDIT: I could also take the sounds from the Goldeneye ROM I have.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Do you think if made a model, your modeller could animate it and get it to work in UT?

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
this is becoming more and more of a reality. :D

I got nowhere on the PuF boards, instead we ended up talking about what maps had green and white walls..... urg...

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Just don't go and change the subject here! ;)
Oh yeah, Kangus, does your modeller use 3DSM, or MS3D?

Last edited:

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
I guess that means I need to look elsewhere for MS3D stuff, huh? I think I saw some program that lets you set weapon polys and such at Deus Ex Ed, maybe I'll look into it.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Hey, I found da tool I was lookin' for, UnrealFX, at Polycount, and since I don't have to make any hands, this should be relatively simple. Do you expect to be able to have two of these things? That'd make is a bit more complicated...

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
NOOOO no no no NOOO.... oh man, akimbo Moonrakers in Goldeneye was nutz....

If you can, also, the ASMD beam wouldn't quite fit with this weapon because the animation does not hit at the same time the beam does... is there a way to (simply, hoping it isn't too much work) make a new shot that looks like the GE one?

I mean that now-archaic engine had instant-hit lasers! :)

If not, well.... you could recolour and tone down the ASMD beam... of course I'm just tossing ideas. I don't actually know jack about coding, so if I'm wrong feel free to correct me!

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
is it possible to just take everything from the Goldeneye Moonraker and port it to UT? I somehow doubt Nintendo is as anal-retentive about things like that as ID Software is. After all there's about 10 Goldeneye maps out there and they don't care. They must know about it..... :)

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Are you saying "No, don't mak it akimbo"? Fine with me. The way the shock beam works is it fires a tracer, which instantly creates the efect and damage wherever it hits, and spawns the beam. They are two seperate things. What I plan to do is make it fire only some kinda beam efect, that does damage when it hits someone. I could also make it shoot through walls and maybe people, like in GE if you want.

Here's a pic I managed to get with my emulator. It's gonna make modeling this thing quite simple.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Is it gonna be hitscan? Goldeneye's was and if you got it to look like THAT (awesome work) I was hoping it to be as close to the original as possible.....

hmm... although it has been so long since I played it that I don't remember if it WAS hitscan or not.... damn my memory!

and no, no Akimbo. That would be nutz. I'm all for powerful, overdone weapons and all but this, I was hoping to be as close to GE's as possible.

Oh man running around the Temple or the Severnaya Bunker is gonna be sweet..... :D

and yes, through walls and people too :)

must be exact.... MUST.... BE...... sorry, went nostalgic there ;)

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Goldeneye's didn't hit instantly, but the laser was pretty durned fast. What am I gonna do for secondary fire?

Here's the model I just now threw together. It's only 190 polys, so I could make it a bit more round if you wanted.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Secondary? I hadn't even thought of that.....

I would just make the code point to the primary fire. After all, weapons only had one fire function in GE.

You can do whatever you like with the model as long as it looks something like Goldeneye's, which that certainly does. :)

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
actually, I just had a thought sitting here.

You know that grill thingy on the top of the Moonraker? You know how it can fire through walls?

How about making that into a radar-type thingy, where it shows you where people are through the wall and whether you can hit them or not if you fire at them? Secondary toggles it.... red icons for if firing at them will be useless, green for if you can hit them.

To do that though it would probably need to be hitscan though.

If that's too hard/time consuming/whatever, I would just make secondary point to the primary function. :)

It was just an idea too. :)

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
I was thinking about maybe making it use the scope myself. I could probably make the grid thingy change color easily enough. I would just have to make it fire a tracer to check if anyone was where you were pointing the gun. The only thing with that, though, is that tracing is supposedly a recource-hungry function, so making it trace in tick as well as having it check through walls might end up being kinda lagy...

Just thought of something else. Should this gun have locational damage?

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
nah, keep it simple. 50 damage a shot, same ROF as GE, anbd if by scope you mean "zoom", I'm not sure I like that.

OK let's just have secondary same as primary. Fires a laser shot. Nice, simple, to the point.

Maybe I shoulda stuck with that from the beginning. After all that's all the original did. :)

Good thing you didn't do a lot of work on it first. (please tell me you didn't already :))

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
50 damage is quite a bit, considering it was nearly semi-automatic. And why not have locational damge? GE did. I think this one will actually hit instantly, and use a similar laser effect as my laser pistol, but not as particaly. That'll also make it so it can only shoot through 1 relatively narrow wall (it could only shoot through doors in GE) and 1 person (not sure it the GE one could even penetrate people). All I've done is the 1st person model, and not even the skin for that.