PDA

View Full Version : Will Unreal 2 End Up Like Tribes 2?

AbsolUT
14th Aug 2001, 07:07 AM
Since the end of Dynamix yesterday because of low sales of Sierra games, do you think Unreal 2 will make it out the door? I sure hope so. I would really like to hear from Cliif B. on this subject.

IntRed
14th Aug 2001, 09:16 AM
you already posted this poll!!
and cliff b doesn't hang around here

Major_Error
14th Aug 2001, 01:23 PM
I really donīt think Epic will end up like Dynamix. Epic already licensed its engine to various other companies and is already earning money from that, i believe .

But who knows what will happen we can only hope for the best.

Tetris L
18th Aug 2001, 08:38 AM
The situation with Dynamix/Sierra/ is slightly different from Legend/Epic/Infogrames:

Sierra is both a developer and publisher. Dynamix was one of the many development divisions of Sierra. Vivendi owns Sierra and they forced Sierra to integrate Dynamix into Sierra as part of a major restructuring program to increase shareholder value. They laid off almost 50% of the Sierra staff. That's how capitalism works. :hmm:

Epic and Legend are both developers. Legend doesn't depend on Epic, except that they licensed the U engine. Legend is owned by Infogrames, not by Epic. Infogrames is also Epic's publisher, but AFAIK they don't own Epic. The only ones who can close down Legend would be Infogrames. But since they are only a publisher they would then have to give the U2 dev work to another dev company. And since they don't own Epic, this can hardly be Epic.

bluefunk
23rd Aug 2001, 06:08 AM
Bit of a ridiculous question if you ask me. Lets face if Unreal 2 was never made no game is safe not even the Quake series.

Unreal is a sure fire winner (as long as Epic and Legend do their thang) and will more than likely be the big release of the year and biggest money maker of the year (barring whenever Doom3 comes out) to not make it would such an idiotic business move that any company that took such a move deserves to crash and burn!

Snipeo
25th Aug 2001, 09:09 PM
Don't worry my friend, U2 will come out, another thing about capatilism is that people wnna make money, and U2 will make money.