Read this those who haven't

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Gamma_Sword

Terrible, Terrible Damage!
Feb 12, 2001
Not There
Some of these guys must have had brain damage when they were born or something...

I don't understand those guys who cuss out women just because... they are women. I would never treat women like some of the guys did... (yeah, girls say I'm too nice... that may be a problem :D)

... or they are just jealous that so-called 'lowly b1tch' is 0wning them :rolleyes: ;) :D

To all women gamers: Be proud that you are women. Don't be scared of those f@g g@y asses who think they are tough because they are men... there will always be good people along with bad people... and we good people will always support all of ya! :)

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
I think that those are the same people who we all hate for wanting to use aimbots, portal camping etc. Many of them are probably ignorant 12 year olds... I mean there's no reason for that, but it seems like online gaming attracts lots of @ssholes, then they run off the cool people, and it just keeps getting worse.

flare

Banned
Aug 4, 2000
Visit site
I read a article similar to this on girls playing starcraft.

lets just put it this way, if your a girl on b.net playing diablo 2 or starcraft then just say your a guy, if you say your a girl everyone on there will want to have cyber sex with you.

G-Lite

ftw
Jul 25, 2000
g-lite.kochen.nl
Bah, 4$$holes. I just don't get why they should call women lesbian because they're.. women. :mad:
It just doesn't make any sense, instead of calling women lesbian, they should call theirselves ghey bastards.

I'm sertainly not the type who hates women, not in a game, nor in real life. I like women, I even get along better with some women then I can with men. :)

Mute

All you have to do is smile!
okay, theses guys are punks, but you people calling them gay faggots are just the same. Call them @ssholes or whatever you want, but stop being one yourself. it's the same type of harassment, and i'm not saying that they don't deserve to be smacked down but smarten up, okay?

Mute

All you have to do is smile!
I'm saying calling them a$$holes if fine with me. Calling them ghey faggots is not. Every now and then it really starts to boil my britches (Hi grandpaw!) that homophobia is so unconscious, yet blatent, in gaming society. The first time i walked away from PuF (granted, only for a couple of weeks) was due to this issue, but things have gotten better.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
Gee i never knew stuff like that happened i mean yeah I see guys hitting on girls cuz they're sad people that have no lives but calling them gay lezbos cuz they're girls????

and ya on b-net don't say your a girl see b-net=1337 lamorz net and most girls don't hang there so when they see one it's a WOW! IVE NEVER SEEN ONE BEFORE!

SadaraK

Groving in UT since 1999
Jan 1, 2001
UK
Take solice in the fact that the kind of people who make those kind of commecnts are either phisically or mentally very immmature and only do it to try and compecnsate for their none interaction with females in real life.

Also had a woman in our clan for a very long time and became good m8s with her, its the personality that matters when all you can see is words so what bloody difference does it make which bits we have?

Last edited:

Zenda

Turbo Adept+10%
Jan 31, 2001
London
Visit site
OK, LDW.

I am assuming that you have probably been on the recieving end of such stuff.

I read the article and would have been displeased but unfocussed in my response. However,you posted it and you are one of my m8's on the forum and mIRC. And that brings it closer to home. Makes it more personal. :(

I kind of sat for a while with nothing to say. Just felt quietly upset. Of course, I hear of such things, but I don't play on line enough to be in the thick of it.

During the 90's I was kind of carried along with the wave that was loud and proud about sexual equality [gender origins/orientation and sexual identity/choice]. For a few years, I thought the problem had been cracked. I was being naive. The backlash came and the glass ceilings were neatly put back in place with a few different labels so that people wouldn't think it was the same old rubbish being perpetrated.

I'm not intending to sound pessimistic. I just think the solutions are a bit further away than I had thought, so I'm disappointed. I reiterate: There are solutions. Now I'm feeling angry and Thx for posting the article - I renew my commitment to fighting against such rubbish.

BTW, I like the title you gave this thread. With issues like this, I think each and everyone does well to stand up and be counted.

There are some votes where there can be no abstainers.

Thrakhath

LunarMancer
Mar 29, 2001
Kanagawa
I'd write out a rant, but I'm not going to since you've all already made the point quite well. All I can say is that there are people out there who are going to be jerks, but it is a shame that they have to turn on the woman. As men, it is our duty to protect woman, and people like that make me sick.

Clayeth

Classic
Apr 10, 2000
Kentucky
Originally posted by mute
I'm saying calling them a$$holes if fine with me. Calling them ghey faggots is not. Every now and then it really starts to boil my britches (Hi grandpaw!) that homophobia is so unconscious, yet blatent, in gaming society. The first time i walked away from PuF (granted, only for a couple of weeks) was due to this issue, but things have gotten better.

I actually think it improved a lot with the homosexuality discussion thread, it's in the back of my mind now to remember and not use it as an insult, I use to... but I've gotten away from that. The weird thing is, I don't have anything against them, yet I would still use it... It takes some work to keep from doing something you've gotten so use to, glad I never started smoking :)