[offtopic] OMG@fileplanet!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

pepslet

Feb 7, 2000
Visit site
I want to download tarquin pack's, get redirected into the waiting line... user 600 of 800 waiting, estimated waiting time untill download: 30 minutes.

I gotta wait for 30 minutes to download a few k's which will only take me a few seconds orso :(

pepslet

Feb 7, 2000
Visit site
Np mate.

I already though something was wrong with fileplanet, normally I have to wait a max of 4 minutes, and now all of a sudden it's 51 minutes? :mad:

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
Originally posted by Nitrev
I want to download tarquin pack's, get redirected into the waiting line... user 600 of 800 waiting, estimated waiting time untill download: 30 minutes.

I gotta wait for 30 minutes to download a few k's which will only take me a few seconds orso :(

I waited 2hours 15minutes for a 40kb file.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
I seem to get along okay with FP, but I use it around morning / early afternoon GMT when it's quieter.

Can anyone recommend a good site where I can post a mirror of my packs? I've had a few emails form people with similar problems.

smally

Jan 30, 2000
Weaverville, NC USA
Visit site
Yeah, filePlanet gets on my nerves too. The thing that really gets me mad is when there is a 40 minute wait and I walk off to do something and then when I come back I've missed my chance (after you wait an insane amount of time and the screen comes up to start your download you only have a short period of time to do so or else you get kicked to the back of the line again and have to do the whole sorry thing again). I wish FilePlanet wasn't directly involved w/ gamespy & PU. Sometimes I can't find anywhere else to get the files talked about here on PU.

-Mame-

Rich Eastwood Wannabe
Mar 13, 2001
toilet
www.planetunreal.com
Originally posted by Ciced
:lol:
Cheers. FilePlanet is only doing it so people will buy it's new personal line.

probably, but it's pretty stupid. those files are available from so many other FREE places.

why buy turds when you can make your own