any mutator ideas?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cryognosis

might never have a icon
Aug 2, 2001
plz post/read: any mutator ideas?

not that i can make mutators but maybe someone that does will end up seeing this thread

Last edited:

Cryognosis

might never have a icon
Aug 2, 2001
ok ill post up my mod idea

remember tallshort? modsquad said that "So, sometimes, you might end up with a tall character, giving you an advantage by allowing you to see more area around you. However, you will be easier to spot and be killed. Short characters, on the other hand, have a limited view, but they will also be harder to spot" all i thought when downloading it was,it wasn't giving advatages,just adding realism,so what if they are a little bigger/smaller,it just wasn't relly much of a change (they were comparing the shortest hight to the tallest in one of the screenshots)it's simply a relism mutator,so basicly i decided on this idea:let the user decide the amount the mutator effects the players randomly,and also what it's randomizing,not only that but allow it to have mutltiple randomized effects such as tall/short + strenght/weakness + fatness/thin-as-paper it probebly wont take long so basicly why not do it on your spare time?

ok heres a little situation:
your playing this server with the map deck 16 when the admin decides to try the mod,so then the server restarts and you download a mutator and get reconnected,you spawn near the flak cannon and the admin spawns at the sniper rifle (in the main room)you collect the flak cannon and the sniper rifle nearby,get the rl and other weapons as you try to find him,you go to the main room thinking he spawned there and suddenly you get shot in the head!your respawn run to the sniper spot and nearly get shot,the bullet hit the wall and when you turn around you see him upside down walking on the ceiling shooting you in the head

wish you can have a mutator that works like that,well now you can (as soon as someone makes this **** mutator) with ceiling walk (coming as soon as someone that can make mutators reads this thread and makes the mutator)

basicly you bind 2 keys,1 lets you walk on the walls and reach the ceiling so you can walk on that too,the other is to have things go back to normal for you (if your on the ceiling you fall onto the ground)you can do everything on the ceiling that you can do on the ground,it's as if the level was turned upside down for you
example:what if a room is shaped like this

.........______
|........|
|____|
|
|.........______
|____/

and you walked on the ceiling from the left side from the right this happens
.........______
|........|
|____|
| | <------------------thats you in this picture made up of text
|.........______
|____/

.........______
|........|
|____|
|.......| <-------------yup,thats still you
|.........______
|____/

.........______
|........|
|____| | <---------- ^ the arrow to the left points up
|
|.........______
|____/

.........______
|........|.| <----------"ouch"
|____|
|
|.........______
|____/

and yes,your going to be upside down to make it look right (how can you walk on your head?!)

ignore the periods in the "picture"s, when i tried to have more then one space the extra spaces would not show,making the picture much more ugly and harder to understand

understand?now get to work! :)

and all i want is credit for giving you my ideas if you make those mods

Last edited:

Cryognosis

might never have a icon
Aug 2, 2001
heres one last idea:
theres all sorts of mutators that does something good/bad to you when you kill someone and mutators for that does something good for you until you die (speedracer-you go faster until you die)
so why not have a mutator that works kind of like this:

enable  (1) player to increase (2) strength (3) by 5 (4) for every 1 (5) second he lives (6)

1. the  is suppost to be the check box

2. for the increase part you can choose set to, increase, decrease, if you choose set to then you cannot change numbers 4-6

3.this is how the player is altered

4.this is the percent that the player is altered

5.if you choosed "time player lives" then every x seconds this goes into effect,if it was "kills" or "deaths" then it's for every x kills/deaths,this is disabled if it is current health,x equals the number you put in

6.this is what condition must be met in order to alter the player,conditions are:

current health,this disables #5 because it's useless with this option,in this example if i changed it to current health the player would have 0.05 strength for every health point,you should make the number for #4 low because numbers add up quickly

time alive, for every X seconds the player has Y strength in the example, X is #5, Y is #4

kills,for every X kills the player has Y strength in the example,X is #5, Y is #4

deaths,same as kills,except it's for X deaths, not X kills

also have options for the min and max amount the player can be altered

Last edited:

Cryognosis

might never have a icon
Aug 2, 2001
SOMEONE PLZ POST!!!

ok?

27 ppl read this topic?

bored doesn't seem too active...

why is it that someone will read my "post #133" topic and reply to that yet nobody reads this topic?!

Cryognosis

might never have a icon
Aug 2, 2001
*takes out a redeemer*

*aims at this thread*

im tempted to do it...

...no point in having a thread if no1 is going to read/post...

*checks configuration to make sure that when the secondary fire is hit nothing strange happens*

*loads up the missle...*

simianangel

Aug 12, 2001
Delaware, USA
MUTATOR IDEA!!!

i dont know how to make the mod for ceiling walking, but....

if someone could fix the problem of going from one plane to another... -the physics setting "PHYS_Spider" might work well.

currently if you set something to PHYS_Spider it will not go from a wall to the ceiling, mainly because currently there is no code for the corner transition to get from one plane(wall) onto another(ceiling) without falling.

this small amount of code could possibly make up the whole mutator (when used in conjunction with the process of setting the pawn's physics to PHYS_Spider).

i wish there were some extensive physics tutorials available!

p.s.-------
i think a good mutator idea is something that will allow the dynamic placing of armor models onto the player in the 3rd person view.
for example, seeing a player running away from your sniper rifle, then he turns around after picking up some armor and you see through your scope that he has a helmet and a chest plate on!!!
something like the how the weapon triangle allows other players to see your current weapon. but, the armor will have to follow the owners animations, so if you duck, it doesnt stay afloat above the player but ducks down with him.
come to think of it..... this could open up a whole new class of its own to apply models to a player. something like donning some scuba gear,or a hooded cloak, or arctic parkas, or jetpacks, or parachutes, or disguise kits, or bionic exoskeletons, or sprouting wings.... etc.
the possibilities of this mutator would be endless, and a blast to add new features to!

whaddaya think.... any takers?!?!?!

Cryognosis

might never have a icon
Aug 2, 2001
i personally think my ceiling/wall walk mutator was the best idea,the mutator adds a effect on the game that is likely to have a big mapping (putting lava pit floors to force people to go by the ceiling,anyone unlucky enough will end up falling into the pit :D ,without the cost of a unrealistic map ) but then again it might not because there are very few maps made for a certain mutator commonly a few for tcs/mods,but not just a mutator

the armor is kinda a good idea but what about custom models like the shreck? it would end up "floating" when you use that model,there are probebly a few models like that that i haven't seen

JuiceEgg's...

...i don't relly understand what hes talking about

Cryognosis

might never have a icon
Aug 2, 2001
wtf are you talking about? i think your either going off topic or your just posting on the wrong thread