OMG! What am I to do?!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Super Feen

probably not a skrull
Jun 23, 2001
Erection Cove
I have just been informed that theglobe.com is shutting down:(

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO THE MEMBERS OF THEGLOBE.COM
It is with great regret we must inform you that theglobe.com website will no longer be in service as of 9:00AM EST on August 15, 2001. Members and visitors will no longer be able to access any part of theglobe.com website as of that date

So what I really need to know is what you guys use to host your pics n stuff so my sig doesn't disappear forever. thnx!

AMMAGETSVM

wild
Jun 5, 2001
brooklyn
I've been told Spree, Geocities, and Angelfire. They are all free.
However, they aren't all reliable. I have tried Geocities and Angelfire but I've often returned to PuF to find the sigs broken and I cannot figure out where the error occurs.
I am attaching a sig now, it was put it up at Angelfire...we'll see how long it lasts. Probably about 5 minutes, knowing my luck. :mad:

SimplyCosmic

ERGO. VIS A VIS. CONCORDANTLY.
Dec 25, 1999
Northeast Ohio
www.simplycosmic.net
I've often returned to PuF to find the sigs broken and I cannot figure out where the error occurs.

There's no error. That's a specific feature they employ to prevent what's known as "direct linking", which is when people attempt to use these site's hard drive space as a free ftp server for files.

These places are there to make money. They do so by giving you some web space and hope that you have enough interesting stuff that at least a few people will come visit it, thereby getting a few more eyeballs on their ads, and money from the advertisers.

However, if you are just having files directly linked from another page, this circumvents their business plan, and you've just used their bandwidth, hard drive space and so forth, without giving anything in return.

It's simple economics, and why more of these "free" webspace sites will continue to close down.

flare

Banned
Aug 4, 2000
Visit site
are there any that charge money?

I would go with one that charges a monthly fee, because its probably super cheap anyways and I know it wont shut down on me.