UT is locking up!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Singletrack_Mind

Aug 10, 2001
KY
Visit site
I dont know what it is but every time i try to play UT it locks up after just a few seconds of play. It locked up in the retail version and 436. I have an updated system (1.2ghz athlon, geforce 2, ATA 100, amd 760, soundblaster live), with all the most recently updated drivers and patches (det 3 and direct x8) its really starting to piss me off since i just formatted and its locking up again! 3d mark 2001 ran fine last night after the reformatting but this morning it also locked up. Im at a loss for what to do, hopefully some of you UT vets can provide some advice, it would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
DOES THIS HAPPEN ONLY ONLINE OR OFFLINE AS WELL. iF IT'S BOTH YOUR pc MIGHT BE OVERHEATING...WHEN YOU REBOOT GO INTO THE BBIOS AND CHECK YOUR CPU TEMP.
aLSO SEARCH FOR THIS PROBLEM ON THE TROUBLESHOOTING FORUMS..YOU MIGHT GET MORE IDEAS OF WHAT'S UP. iF IT'S ONLINE ONLY THEN THERE'S A PATCH CALLED GEORGCE E BREESE'S PCI LATENCY PATCH YOU CAN GET TO FIX THAT....i'LL POST A LINK LATER TONITE WHEN i GET HOME. FROM WORK
(eXCUSE THE CAPS BUT i'M DRAFTING RITE NOW AND NEED THEM ON FOR MY TEXT)