Inf crashes when I minimize

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DarkMateria

May 23, 2000
Ever since 2.85 came out I've had this problem. Whenever I minimize or go to window mode (alt+tab or F12) INF crashes and won't start up again. I have to run regular UT, close it and then start INF up again. This also means whenever someone messages me on ICQ or yahoo it causes Inf to minimize and crash.. that's why it's getting on my nerves. I play in D3d with Asus 7100 GeForce 2.

Any suggestions?

Mason

Self appointed voice of reason
Dec 14, 2000
Upstate NY
forums.unreal2.net
same here, here's the solution: Don't minimize! Infiltration seems to take offense at being minimized and responds by saying "if I am not the only thing on your screen, then I'm leaving!"...and it leaves! :D Yeah, I think it is like that for almost everyone.

wiseassbnty

Jack's smirking revenge
Dec 6, 2000
www.whatisthebinty.com
If you havn't noticed already INF seems to be a big toll on the graphics card and processor. Converting from FS/Window mode only seems to be a bigger toll. I did it a few times accidentally and it ended up freezing up the whole PC heh

DarkMateria

May 23, 2000
Is anyone going to fix this problem? I seems unfair for such a professional feeling mod to have a stupid (but very annoying) little bug like this.

the vrrc

noexistant user
Jun 16, 2001
Visit site
You: I am going to have to minimize you for a second, INF.
INF: No, don't leave me! I mean, why would you........
You: I'll be right back, jeez.
INF: NOOO! All alone.......... why... why!!!!!! (INF shuts down in tears.)

Kibbles-N-Bits

Dec 7, 1999
I have the same problem... but I found a solution. While playing, if at any time you want to alt tab out, first hit esc to return to the game menu, main interface thingy. Then alt-tab out. Works great for me, no crashes or lockups or anything.