Bowling snipers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Dec 31, 2000
Visit site
I've taken up a new habit. I, like most people, hate snipers. (Except when I'm doing it, then it's okay :p )

What I've kinda taken to lately is bowling sinipers off the top on DM Phobos Moon. You know the very top where they stand and shoot anyone who goes for the deemer or shield belt.

Well it's not easy to go get them unless you have boots (For a lift jump so you don't just get fragged) Anyway, I just can't get them off my mind when they're up there so here's what I have found.

I get the shock and get in the area next to the ripper. I aim up to their level and strafe left and right. When my crosshair crosses them, I shoot. It very seldom kills them but it always knocks them off and they die from the fall. I just get the biggest laugh from reading about the crater or their death.

It seems much easier, for some reason, ??? to hit them with the primary shock than with the rifle. Anyone know if you have to be more accurate with the rifle than with shock primary?

Anyway, this is my little bit of fun for that map.

You-Suk|BuF

Getting ready
hehehehe

i've got another 1 for you
first you ge the sniper rifle then crouch next to the ripper, close to the wall and blow his head off :D

works fine, because most of the time they are watching the belt, the amp and/or the redeemer
try it

I AM{skullface}

metrosexual
Oct 24, 2000
Boston, Mass
www.skullface.com
Personally, I enjoy loading up my primary impact hammer, and coming up the lift in a crouch. They usuall have about two shots...and they usually miss. Then I must impact their little ass off the top.

-I_AM{skullface}

Kokensu

Fire in Ma Belly!
Jan 4, 2000
Shut yo mouth!
Visit site
Um why not just stand outta site at the base of the lift(on the outside) and just use a shock combo. You don't really have to aim if they're near the edge(other then timing the combo) and that will kill them most of the time and if it doesn't like it was said previously, the fall will finish them off. If you're good you'll send them flying off the back side. Then it don't matter how much health they have they go into space. ;)

BTW you don't need jump boots to do an elevator jump. You can load up rockets on the way up and if you time it right blow there ass off the roof with 6 rockets while in mid-air from the elevator jump. THAT is fun too. :D

Dec 31, 2000
Visit site
I kinda enjoy it myway, although the input is welcome. About the lift jump. I know about lift jumps and do them often, it's just that at least a third of the time the descent ones will get you on the way up. A boot jump, about half way up throws them off. I play to stay alive and they NEVER get me my way.

The combo might be good but it's a long time to stand still and someone else might get me. While I'm strafing, I'm not quite so easy a target for others.

It's just silliness that makes me do it. Occasionally I will use the same tactic with the rifle, but unless someone offers me one (Gib :D ) I have to hammer to get it. It also seems to be an easier shot with the shock. <-------This may be in my head, but.....

Kokensu

Fire in Ma Belly!
Jan 4, 2000
Shut yo mouth!
Visit site
Actually the shock>rifle thing IS in your head hehe. :D I know alot of players that are like that. Must be something with the shape of the gun.

I prefer combos to everything cause they do so much damage(unless you get a head shot ofcourse) and the area of effect is large. ;) Plus I can pull them off rather fast(takes about 1 1/2 seconds to reach the top of the tower). ;)

If you can get boots and do the elevator jump of course that's better. It's not so much the height that surprises them but the speed at which you ascend. ;) Of course I've done regular elevator jumps but instead of going straight up I usually jump OVER them and land either on top or behind them. Using flak that works good too. There's always 100 ways to do the same thing in UT. Thats' why I love it. :)

SamD

Hooker with a penis
Nov 1, 2000
Brooklyn
It's easier to use primary shock if you play instagib too much, but not enough sniper arena. I've heard this before, and I'm pretty sure that it's just psychological.

SamD

Hooker with a penis
Nov 1, 2000
Brooklyn
BTW, once I played a TDM game on phobos and the other team put 2 people on the tower. It doesnt earn them a lot of points but theyre hard to bring down. the best thing to do i think is to grab the boots (the ones by flak) and keep running straight a foot or so and then jump near the diagonal edge, grab the redeemer with your head and then land back where you jumped from. If they didn't get you while you were doing that (I can think of a few couples who surely will :) ), then fry them :/

rhakka

a.k.a. Zeus, ruler o' the universe
May 6, 2000
portland,ME,USA
www.teamplay.net
you might find the shock easier cause you have a tracer, and the fact that your enemy can see where you are aiming might make their movements more predictable than with the invisible sniper bullets.

Ming the Merciless

Cold Turkey!
May 21, 2001
Planet Stone Cold Sober
Visit site
And now from the other side. I generally find if i'm sniping from the top of DM-Phobos then there are some good strategies. My main one is to hide behind the post and keep an eye on the redeemer and the lights in the lift tunnel. If they come on then I switch to the flak and wait for them. They usually don't see you behind the post and whammo! I only go to the front briefly and generally im only there for one or two kills. People soon get wise.

CrazyCougar

CATatonic
Jan 5, 2001
Ottawa, Canada
The fun thing about snipers is they always return to their roost. Kill them once and they will be back as soon as they respawn. I've sat up there after killing them just to get that second kill.. :)

There are some that assume you'll just start sniping and they can sneak up on you while the smarter ones will do the lift jump... so my favorite tactic is to sit on the far corner of the lift since they usually face the prefered sniping spot. Now depending on what I have handy I'll try and take them out before they even reach the top since if they do try and jump it just tends to complicate things... but once they are on the way up a few grenades will do wonders... :D

Another fun yet simple method is a good rocket lock(to knock them off their roost). I've used the same trick on a few snipers on Deck... :D