New Outdoormap released - DM-Terrestric

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vortexx

Mar 11, 2001
Germany
Visit site
Hi, I´ve just released my new Map.
It´s a really large Outdoormap, it took me 6 months to finish it, but now it´s done. :)

You can get the Map on my homepage

Some feedback about the Map would be fine.....

Finally a picture of it:

Last edited:

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Damn man looks good but where are you hosting your maps? I tried downloading and im getting half a KB per second. And i'm on DSL! Ahhhhhhhhhh.

quitgrin1

Demon Like
Jul 31, 2000
Nowhere
www.geocities.com
The map terrain is really nice, but I had some framerate problems.. but it is probably due to my slow computer and not your map.. the bots were not so challenging, but I think this is more a "THEME" map than a "GAMEPLAY" map...

GOOD WORK!

DRT-Maverick

Lover of Earwigs
Dec 4, 1999
Reno, NV
Can u help me make outdoor terrains? :D I have 3dmax, if u use that... I'm not good at making outdoor terrain, but indoor architecture is wonderful on my part.

Vortexx

Mar 11, 2001
Germany
Visit site
I didn´t use 3D-Max for the Terrain, it´s made completely with the Tesselated Cubes from the UnrealEd.
That´s really hard work, because creating Terrain with Tesscubes takes a long time...but I get much better results with it as with the Terrainbrush or other progs.

Maybe you should open the Map in the UnrealEd and look for the Brushwork...

But you´re lucky if you are good with Indoor-Designing, because my Indoor-areas really suck...that´s the reason because of this Map only contains outdoorarea... ;)

Vortexx

Mar 11, 2001
Germany
Visit site
Well, DM-Terrestric was my first real outdoormap, so I had to learn a lot since the construction...

I´m working on a new Map now (status 3 - 5% now), hope to finish it in 1 or 2 months... :)
(it´s again an Outdoormap, but has another setting and style)

Vortexx

Mar 11, 2001
Germany
Visit site
You can test it...but currently it´s just an alpha-Version...

I think in one month it´ll be on beta-status, then I´ll contact you for a betatest, ok? :)

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
Dude you created one heck of an environment here. It was fun just running thru this place and I seemed to stumble on a new area every time I say it.
The only thing that looked odd to me was the flowing water was a different shade then the water falls.
As for game play the bots worked fine, picked up everything...I couldn't find the belt yet but they seemed to have no problems. It's a huge map tho...and I confess I got kinda lost in playing the map so didn't really look for errors actively.
Anyway cool stuff.

-dash-

Jul 21, 2001
Australia
Visit site
I have seen hundreds of user-created maps since I got Unreal Tournament but non that I have seen has been such high quality,
your attension to detail is amazing and it is a extremly well desinged map. great work.