Anybody played Max Payne?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

carnivore

Built For The kill
Feb 6, 2001
israel
Its a short game, but one of the best!
alot of action and cool fire fightes and the bullet time mod is great!

iv finished it and im playing it on the second level...it suposed to be more hard

May 22, 2000
Amsterdamned
resolute.gamepoint.net
Yeah, but it isnt..or I'm just getting good at it:p
I kinda like the 'New York Minute' mode, but that doesnt make up for the short play time. I really hoped the game would go on after the helicopter crash... I was kinda hoping half the game was flashback and the other half (that doesnt exist) would be present time. I was wrong, which is a damn shame!:mad: I WANT MORE PAIN! AND PAYNE!

ramon

Jun 25, 2000
seville, spain
Visit site
thres no MP in MP :p

btw, is too cool, short, yes (ive finished it at a cyber in three hours) but mods are coming, and they worth a lot. i cant wait for the Deus Ex mod for MP... :cool:

ramon

Jun 25, 2000
seville, spain
Visit site
i wish my system could handle it. i wish it could alreasy handle more than only one game installed at a time (just 3.2GB...) :(

talking about crazyness, my gf got pissed with me when i did some brutality acts to a poor japanese guy who just got in the middle. i couldnt stop laghing lol!

ramon

Jun 25, 2000
seville, spain
Visit site
Deus ex mod???

i read about it at ION Storm forums. these forus are near to close, due to dissapearation of ION Storm dallas... :(
basically, it will be a map pack whit levels like the ones in deus ex, with too much people to interact, and more action (note, more action, but still high levels of think b4 shoot this suspect guy a$$ :) ). hope they make things like inventory. what i dont know if its it will be 3rd or 1st person view.

there are few of mods for DooDooEx :D

not very good mods...

but there are mods :D

Max Payne, has some funny ones too :D
every seen the flamming bullet modz
laugh.gif

Hypenotist

Catharsis hypothesis
Mar 15, 2001
It's very intense, I'm still on the first mission in the subway at this point but the murder scene in his home is one of the most shocking things I've seen even in a video game.
My first death of many to come I imagine happened like this.
I come down into the subway and don't notice the sound of a train coming, so I do the bullet time dodge dive and start blasting this shotgun wielding guy and all of a sudden I'm dead, the view looks up and I see the my body laying next to the train-I hit my freaking head on the sucker as I was diving geez, like sometimes when you kill people it goes into a cinematic of them dying and I filled this guy full of lead expecting the movie to be him falling but it's me smacking my head against a moving train LoL.

This game is too dope not to start a petition for remedy dev guys to get a multiplayer version out asap.

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
Finished it and thought it was just long enough. The difficulty was always present and I never felt bored. There was just some incredibly inventive stuff in this game. Well worth the development hell waiting.

MonkeyManX

Peace bro!
Jan 12, 2001
Um...Finland.
www.mohaafin.com
Hohoho and a bottle of pain!

Phew! Finally a good topic to post something!

I finished the game in 7 hours...didnt rush...didnt cheat...and it was great! BTW, Max allready has over 200 mods and add-ons...and some c00l Total Conversions are being developed.

Im running a Max Payne modification "center" and it will be on www.planetmaxpayne.com soon.

Aaaaannnnddd...i could post here about a million links to all diffrent kinds of max payne mods but hey! Im a busy man :D

Dunno about stuff, but but...im confuced and im off to play some CS :D

dunno nuff...**** nuff

:morety: :con: :stick:

and ill blam my nuts all over the place!