New cheat? Or am I completely insane?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

iolair

Mostly Harmless
Jun 4, 2001
Asturias, España
neil.gratton.org
OK, I've only seen this once, and I didn't catch the name of the other player involved... the server was the jolt.co.uk Face only one.

LITERALLY 2 (two) seconds after the game started, when I'd grabbed the ripper and was running round the rear of the tower towards the Sniper Rifle, THERE WAS A MEMBER OF THE OPPOSING TEAM ALREADY THERE ?!?!?!?!

There we were behind the blue base, and he was running past dressèd all in red (ho ho) .... I was completely confused... anyone tell me how this is possible?

Liquid Fox

The Ripper Bastard
Jul 4, 2001
In your head...
www.angelfire.com

<lfx begin transmission>
I don't know the name of the server or anything, but one time when I was playing an AS server on the train map (name escapes me). Anyway, the game started with my team on the attacking.

3 seconds later...

"Red team has captured the base in :03 seconds"

Now... that seems a little odd to me.

Then the server switched to AS-Mazon and the same thing happened. Now... correct me if I'm wrong, but it takes more than 3 seconds for the doors to the crystal room to open!

I don't know... I was just there.
<lfx end transmission>

Seph64

Jul 7, 2001
Visit site
I agree with the fish. It was probably because of a Skin Cheat. Because when I play offline with the CTF Mod using the Xan skin I first spawned at the enemy base WEIRD!

ION_Ace

Assault player
Dec 26, 2000
Behind you
www.clan-ion.com
Liquid, Hispeed is totally impossible to complete like that, even with spawning at the wrong side. Even with a speed hack I can't see him making it there without falling off somewhere, Unless he logged in as admin and freezed time but then it s ays completed in 00 secs I think.

Tetris L

Smartass
Feb 15, 2000
Germany
cleaned.beyondunreal.com
Are you on 56k? I remember from my time when I was on 56k and had very little RAM, one of my main problems was that loading a map and connecting to a server took me sooooo long that on small maps the opponent team had often already grabbed my flag before I even connected and got in position on defense.

On Face you can telepunt over to the other base easily in less than 10 seconds. How long does it take you to load a map and connect to a server?

Peregrine

Death from above
Jan 16, 2001
Lake Erie Shoreline
www.gaihope.net
Originally posted by Cleaner
Are you on 56k? I remember from my time when I was on 56k and had very little RAM, one of my main problems was that loading a map and connecting to a server took me sooooo long that on small maps the opponent team had often already grabbed my flag before I even connected and got in position on defense.

On Face you can telepunt over to the other base easily in less than 10 seconds. How long does it take you to load a map and connect to a server?

I agree with Cleaner. I still have that problem in all game types.When I join a fresh DOM server, even when we switch to a new map, it often takes me a few minutes to connect. By then the score are in the teens, before I've even had a chance.
Course, it doesn't matter in DOM because I OWN DOM, so I always finish in the top spot.
:) :) :) :)

ION_Ace

Assault player
Dec 26, 2000
Behind you
www.clan-ion.com
Only overlord can be completed in 3 secs with a blatent cheat.
if u really saw 3 secs on completed time then there is something wrong.on the other hand if u came in and 3 secs later level was complete, but u joined late and completion time said 0:37 or something, then that's easy possible.

Last edited:

{WAC}DJ JaKe

Wild And Cruel
Dec 11, 2000
Toronto
www.wildandcruel.cjb.net
When i was playing TO, during one game, there was this glitch where one of the opposing players spawned with our team serveral rounds in a row. It is more likely a TO bug, but if its a UT one, maybe the same thing occured with u

terak

Jun 12, 2001
One pyramid facing another...
Visit site
similar thing...

I was playing TacOps online, and everytime we started up the stairs in the Oilrig map, one of the terrorists would be there, hitting us with a grenade. I have looked for his route, but I don't see it. It takes about ten seconds for us to get there, and any rail-jumping route should drop him into the ocean. So I figure something is up, much like you did with your 10 second victories and the like.