Best Scope Transition Ever!!! Read This Now And Prey For It To Be Implemented!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CAVERNA2K

Look, a fliing something!!!!!
Mar 12, 2001
www.geocities.com
I was just seeing an very old movie from Sylvester Stallone´s many: Stallone Cobra.

Man, I just saw a scene that I can´t miss to tell you: Cobra and the girl he is protecting are in a house. Then a bunch of punks comes to kill her. Shots there, shotts da...

BUT, just after he trows the grenade in one of the punks on a motorcycle, he is SNIPED. MAN!!! See this sniping scene. On a second there is Cobra jumping in the car the, other one comes the sniper´s scope...

You see an and and then and elefant... Amazing FX(for 80´s)

Go now see this movie - Stallone Cobra - and check this out... Thus check his LAM module over the SMG... I´m sure u´ll ask one of those too, hehehee...

Last edited:

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
Got it. This one took some time.

Sylvester Stallone and Brigitte Nielsen are in a safe house. A bunch of axe wielding psychos arrive to kill them. There is all the standard gun combat. Then, when the leave the house running to get to his car, one of the enemies shows up with a sniper rifle. They show the transition from the unaided eye to the full scoped view in one continuous shot. In other words, Stallone goes from being "an ant to an elephant".

He was obviously impressed by the camera work for the sniper rifle, and liked the effect of the transition so much to post about it here. I remember that the evil undercover woman had a rifle, but I don't remember the camera work associated with it.

CAVERNA2K

Mar 12, 2001
www.geocities.com
OK: the movie is very old - and crappy; plus it has Stallone... IT SURELLY IS A BIG SH*T!!!

BUT whatch it JUST for that particular scene. If I´m not mistaken, it´s by the middle of the movie. It´s spetacular. Imagine yourself seeing someone in a great distance, almost like only a dot by the horizon. Then u get the scope. U see the guy like he was some 10 m from you... Gotta see this scene, belive me; it will change the sniping standarts - just kiddin this last commentary...

This I edited the 1st post. Now U can get it easily...

AND I edit this one too... For God sakes...

CAVERNA2K

Mar 12, 2001
www.geocities.com
This is not O?T. This is a sugestion to new animation about scopes.

Drugs are bad. - Just like py philosophy teacher...

Monk_zer*O*, no Monk_zerp.

Shrap

Beaver
Oct 29, 2000
Monk_Zero : thanks a lot, it is the second post that you translate and it is so easier to read !!!
:D

CAVERNA2K

Mar 12, 2001
www.geocities.com
OK, I agree that the INF Team´s animation for the transition is very nice, but this ons should be put in question.

Yes, it was a movie - very bad one, but and then?

I think a REAL sharp shooter should be asked, to tell if that anim. is real/happens in normal live or it´s purelly fictional/FFA(for fun aplication).

Why don´t you guys take a serious look about this?

[edit] I forgot the "d" of the "and"...

Last edited:

Streaks

Crunchings and munchings!
Mar 25, 2001
VA
www.incomeforliving.com
scopes

personally I'd like to see the scopes simply brought up to infront of your FOV and you look through it, not having it obscure the entire screen, but the end of the scope model is what your actually looking through/into, this would make sniping much more involved and skill based IMO. The scopes could have slightly different eye reliefs etc.

: )

Streaks

Smith and Wesson - The first point and click device!