Sniping while prone should give no rifle movement

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

AssaultSniper

Aug 16, 2000
I know a thing or two about marksmanship and also know that if you are prone you have the most stable firing position. Therefore, your rifle shouldn't move around near as much as it currently does. It's quite annoying trying to compensate for the movement when it should be stable as a rock.

LoTekK

Peon
Jul 26, 2001
Washington, DC
it may be the most stable firing position (actually it's more stable in a foxhole), but that still doesn't get rid of recoil completely... believe me when i say firing from prone is certainly not "stable as a rock"...

AssaultSniper

Aug 16, 2000
Of course it doesn't get rid of recoil completely. Anyway, that's not what I'm talking about. I'm referring to how your crosshairs move around while zoomed in. When in the prone position it shouldn't move at all.

LoTekK

Peon
Jul 26, 2001
Washington, DC
whoops, misunderstood that... :p
and yeah, your sight picture will move around due to your breathing patterns, muscle twitches, etc...

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
From the manual:
Another overall characteristic is the breathing system. Normal breathing is a simple up and down motion that varies in rate based on your stamina level. The higher the stamina, the quicker you breath. You can however control this breathing by simply pressing and holding the Alt-Fire button. In a matter of seconds, the breathing becomes minimal, allowing you to take more accurate shots. The length of time you can control your breathing also varies on your stamina level. The breathing system on a whole is more of an issue when dealing with sniper rifles and is rather minimal in most cases.

CrappyChan

Come on snow!
Mar 3, 2001
I didn't know that either!!!! oh man wait till those f*ckers get a load of my PSG-1 now!