Brushbuilders FAQ

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

tarquin

design is flawed
Oct 11, 2000
UK
www.planetunreal.com
1. Do these tools work with Rune / DeusEx / some other Unreal engine game?
The brushbuilder plug-ins only work with UnrealEd 2. AFAIK, apart from UT most games that use the Unreal engine come with the old version of UnrealEd. So the answer is, until the relevant game companies upgrade their game editor, no.

2. I've installed the pack but there's no sign of the new tools in UnrealEd.
Check that you've correctly installed the pack. Look in your unrealtournament.ini file, under the [Editor.EditorEngine] section. You should see a line like
Code:
EditPackages=Tarquin[name]
If you can't see it, the readme file that comes with the pack explains how to insert it.

3. The UnrealEd toolbox has some extra icons but they are blank.
Check that the .BMP files that came with the pack are in your [UnrealTournament]\system\editorres folder. The filenames are all of the form BBTarquin[name].BMP

4. Can you make a tool that can merge brushes / split polys / add vertices / make coffee / etc
No. UnrealEd has a very nice plug-in architecture: when it loads, it looks at all the classes under Object.Brushbuilder and puts an icon in the toolbox for each one. All I've done is write some new classes and put them in a package file that UnrealEd loads. I know very little about the inner workings of UnrealEd and AFAIK it may not be modified under the terms of the license.

5. UnrealEd won't load / crashes / etc.
See previous answer. For help with running UnrealEd check the Editing forum here. The crowd there know far more than me :).

Last edited: