Do you have unreleased weapons?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Well if you do, I'm interested. of course :)

I read somewhere here that someone has (had) a Flak Cannon that fired tons of shrapnel?

If you have weapons you haven't released for whatever reasons, would you consider putting them here?

(I wouldn't worry too much about the big bad evil Modsquad guy bashing them :D)

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
http://home.pacbell.net/kockler/D3_.zip
summon: d3a.d3a

http://home.pacbell.net/kockler/EShock.zip
Mutator replaces shock rifle

http://home.pacbell.net/kockler/MULE.zip
summon: mule.mule

http://home.pacbell.net/kockler/Mag70.zip
summon: mag70.mag70

http://home.pacbell.net/kockler/QBS.zip
Mutator replaces flak cannon

http://home.pacbell.net/kockler/Shredder.zip
Mutator replaces ripper
Ignore arena mutator, it doesn't work

There, I hope you're happy! I might have changed one or two a bit, but I don't feel like figuring out which ones and then having to rezip 'em an' everything.

Jun 12, 2001
www.planetunreal.com
Originally posted by Nemephosis

(I wouldn't worry too much about the big bad evil Modsquad guy bashing them :D)

I figured out that you were from Modsquad when I saw that "Hell Dweller" in your sig :)

Really, there's nothing wrong with ModSquad. But there is one thing which I really hate. The mutators list is several pages long, and it would be far shorter if you didn't list every version of every mod. Do readers really need to choose between UT Seekers pack 1, 4 or 5? (I didn't actually see version 5 on the main list, although you've reviewed it. Not there yet?) After someone clicks to read the review, then they could choose to read the reviews of other versions.

Ok, my modsquad rant over.

I have no unreleased weapons. I can't imagine why someone would make something and not release it. No matter how bad or unfinished they are, they won't be the worse weapons around. And often people will love things which you think are terrible. I think.

Last edited:

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Well that just makes me sad Postal! :( I bet there is some really cool stuff in there that no one will ever get to appreciate.

Smoke: the M.U.L.E, whatever it stands for, is awesome!

Everything else but the Electro-Cannon was kinda... bleh... but I mean that thing was awesome. All it needs is a small caption at the bottom to tell you what mode of fire it is on (rocket, goo, pulse, grenade)

The Pulse and Grenades are kind of similar though. What I thought looked neat though was plasma spheres bouncing around. Never thought I'd see that :)

Other than that I didn't see any bugs, then again I kind of suck at bug finding. IMO you stol ethe goo code from Excessive ;) but I don't care about trivial crap like that. It's fun! You should consider putting it in Pain if you haven't already.

*runs off to create more goo traps

Postal

I apear to have lost my pin.
Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
You dont miss what you dont know about, Like you all wont miss the MK34 or the ZF1 Multigun, or the MOGL. Im sure no one is missing the autobolt, or the tru8. The viper7 was nothing special nor was the turbineboost. Yea that turbine boost was buggy/unfinished. The flash bang worked, but couldnt realy find a place. Hey if DragonFly compains that we have too many things that arnt in a mute, why should I bother to add more? I do miss the Gattling-Shotgun, but theres nothing I can do about that. The Room Clearer Chaingun was released in WarWerks, so theres no loss. Shame all the versons of the RePlay rounds were cut. I dont know if anyone other then a select few tried the Explosional Posion Arrow, so they arnt missed. The WoDQSG was way to buggy to release, so no biggy. And the WoDBazooka didnt work. The shocker was interesting, but not quite done. Project NanoTech could have been quite nice, but no luck there. At the time I had neigher the time nor the will to make the Ice Angle. The Duel Mag would ahve been too redunent to make. The FlakJack would have been release if it were made to the origional idea, but Cutter coded the JackFlak insted. of Course a RazorCannon could have been nice. Nemephosis dont be sad, alot of better stuff has been lost/overlooked to the community.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
That's a matter of opinion Postal.

I would like to see

-the ZF1 multigun
-Room Clearer Chaingun
-Shocker
-autobolt
-razor cannon

if that's alright with you.

it's all a matter of taste Postal. What others may consider "better" might not be to everyone's taste. I don't play Infiltration, or TO, or any of those huge realistic mods. However, I use the CombatZone's H21E Belt-fed machinegun in my UT matches with the WoRM. People go on and on and on AND ON AND ON about how "TO rules, INF sucks, CS is better, blah blah" and I don't give a p00p about it. I find fun in some stupid blue enforcer that shoots shock beams. Why is it fun? I don't know, but at least it's different. Unoriginal maybe, but different, and fun. That is the big point. Mods / weapons have to be fun to use/play. It doesn't matter how well done they are, if it isn't fun it isn't staying in my UT folder for long. I could download 273 MB of Strike Force only to find I don't like it. Bigger is not always better.

You could say WAR doesn't hold a candle to U4E in terms of unrealistic-ness and power (firing that many flak shells with the Slammer classifies that as unrealistic ;) and again, U4E may have original models and stuff but what weapons do I use more? The thousandth variation on a grenade Max can dig out of his ear, or something like the Slammer? The slammer was just more fun. That's why I use more WAR weapons than U4E weapons in my WoRM right now. U4E is good, but WAR, I find, is more fun. U4E is done well and looks better, WAR is just more fun. I don't know why, but it is. You could say I'm overlooking U4E to play WAR. U4E is better, but yet I still play WAR. U4E is 28 megs, + 2 for the patch + 5 for the Fortress = 35 MB. WAR is under a meg. Again, bigger isn't always better.

If you still have some of this stuff, would you consider "unofficially" releasing it and just link to it here? I don't care how "good" it is or how "well done" it is. As long as it works and is fun, it will be a keeper. There might be some good stuff in there, Postal. Smoke hadn't released the MULE flak Cannon and I thought it was a riot. Hell I thought the laser pistol was fun and interesting. Why? It was a blue enforcer that fired small shock beams. Who cares? I thought it was fun.

They say that sometimes the best things in life are the simple pleasures.

Mods/weapons don't have to be giant and huge downloads to be simply fun to play with. Or balanced, BTW ;)

If you don't want to link to them, you could email the above listed to Nemephosis@yahoo.ca

But I really am interested in this, I wouldn't say it if I weren't. I've already found a couple of keepers so far.

Besides, you're talking about your own work. People are their own worst critics.

Postal

Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
You idiot, the rcc is released, and thing is about the zf-1, the majority of the community, wouldnt have the slightest idea how to use it. The shocker locks up, there is no razor cannon, theres the razorflak.

U4e over the top, wild, wacky weapons that are great.

WAR, while not realistic, has its feet in the ground, so its a different experience. If I could get something out of my modeler, I might be able to give U4e a chalenge, but its more like part of a spectrium

tac ops--------------WAR-ut-seekers------------------u4e

WAR was never made to be compaired to U4e, one of my favorite mods, its jsut another options in the myrads out there, and I jsut hope its one of the good ones.

Remember, I run WAR, what it is, its up to me. Some things jsut arnt up to par, Im not going to release someting sub-standard or excessively buggy. Im not saying theres no good stuff in there, months of work has been put in some of it. But if I am going to keep WAR a resonable sized mod(I could put a ton of stuff in there) I have to choose what goes and what doesnt. Do you realy want to download a large pack of weapons, most unfinished, and not even use most of them? Im not jsut talking of my own work, Cutter has lots of work there in that archive of mine. Autobolt, JackFlak, mk34, tru8, and so forth are his, and theres dozens more. I put over 2 years of work in the ZF-1, replay rounds, a flamethrower, a freezer, explosional posion arrow, sabotage, never miss micro-missles(with missil cam, and overchage option), etc. You cant make everyone happy, Some people would hate having a bunch of rough weapons released, so I do htings for my own and the majoritys entertainment.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
No code was stolen for the Multiple Unit Launch Engine. The name was, though, from Gunaman Chronicles. And you simplify my laser pistol too much!:) I was gonna add a mode indicator to the M.U.L.E. when I put it into Abloquilmawa. But it was too much work to put all these guns in one pack, and I think Pain is better, anyway.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
I'm not an idiot, so I don't know where that came from. If I don't know something, I ask.

How would you know who is capable of doing what? You never released it so how do you know who would know how to use it? I may not be able to code worth a damn but I would bet it can't be too hard to figure out a multiple-fire weapon. (ZF1) Hell, I bet I could figure it out. Heaven forbid that if a weapon does more than one function 98% of the people can't figure it out. It cannot be THAT complicated.

You said the RCC was part of WarWerks. Is that WAR today? If not, where can I get WarWerks? Then I'll get to see the RCC and I'll be quiet about it. Unless WAR IS WarWerks and the RCC became the Killomatic.

Smoke: the comments about how the other weapons were kinda bleh was made before I saw the Shredder. Well I saw it today. Here's my reaction:

:eek2:

I was like "Holy crap!"

I know how to alter projectiles from the console so I'll be having some fun with that tonight :D

Postal

Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
WarWerks was an old unreal mod folded into CT3, you can dl a current ut verson from the ModSaver site

Your jsut learning about set?

Ugh, I dont see why I stay in the community, if it wernt for WAR, I would be long gone.

No its not that complicated, people are that stupid, have you ever looked at the UT news groups?

Anyways bye for this week.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
I've always liked the shredder. It, the M.U.L.E., and the e-shock are my favorites.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
slight problem with the mod saver:

it says I need permission from you before you'll distribute the incomplete mods. Therefore I can't get Warwerks, or CT3, or wherever the Roomclearer is. :(

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Oh yeah and I know a little about the set command. Basically how to make projectiles do more damage, go faster/slower, live longer (bio, ripper), stuff like that. I can make the enforcer, sniper rifle, shock rifle, bio, ripper fire faster. I can change my name midgame. That's about my knowledge of the set command right there.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Postal, whenever you see this, I can't get WarWerks from the Modsaver site. It says that I need your permission before you give out the files. :\

You can email it to Nemephosis@yahoo.ca since I need "permission" (that basically I already technically have, arg :p)

Postal

Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
Nightmare, I am going to ignore you from now on.

Go to the modsaver site, you can download WarWerks from the site, you just need permission if you wish to EDIT it!

Heres how I see it, you first try and tell me what to do, then you accuse me of not have the intellenge and common sense/judgement of what should be released.