real maps

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Social Distortion

From the shodows come my bullets *splat*
Apr 12, 2001
San Francisco CA
Visit site
talk to real maps and tell them to get there **** together they said they had maps for review yet we dont see any get it together or find a new map reviewers!! please its slow we need maps.

LoTekK

Peon
Jul 26, 2001
Washington, DC
i got a suggestion: why don't you quit whining and go make some maps of your own and review some maps for them, too? christ, they're doing the community a free service, so shut up and put up...

MeckonOmega

Meckon (Mech-on)
I agree in a more neutral manner

I think its completly unfair of you to say that, if anything you should offer your help, nothing else. Really dude, I like you, but thats really gay of you to say that. Given the benefit of the doubt, I could say that we can't tell any sort of "tone" in your voice, so I don't know what context in which to recieve that comment, that you just **** out you mouth.

Besides, they not the only outlet for maps you konw!

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
i remember los pescados saying that he had problems with his isp lately so that may also be a reason for the irregular updates at realmaps

Los Pescados

Infiltration Team Member
Nov 3, 2000
Surrey, BC, Canada
Those ISP problems have been solved, it's more a lack of time on my behalf. It's not for lack of maps, or even lack of reviews, it's lack of me affording the time to upload the reviews from my computer. I can only do it at home, and in the past 3-4 days I've spent a total of 30 waking minutes at home.

LOL @ eddieveddar.. if we HAD a map a day to review, I dunno what we would do ;) Right now I will tell you all this is what is on backlog:

DM-INF-CollidingWorlds
DM-INF-Embassy (by toadie & prewitt, not by raekwon)
DM-INF-Pstation2
DM-INF-Nightclub
DM-INF-ToTheFront
And about 3-4 CTF maps made by Ruben Hunt (author of TigerHunt and Appalachian Wonderland)

Of those, 3 are missing texture packages (Embassy, Nightclub, & ToTheFront). Pstation2 has been reviewed, and is awaiting posting.

So don't you worry Social Disposition or whatever your name is, we have our proverbial <i>"shit"</i> together.

I also have 2 maps by Angelheart which I will convert to INF hopefully this weekend (yay! long weekend here in BC Canada). One is a Rune level which he converted to UT, and I'm still debating whether or not it can go on RealMaps -- I'd love to hear everyone's opinion on this. The other is hands-down the best level I have seen by Angelheart. Anyone who has doubted anything about his mapping before need just look at this map. Sure it's 10 MB zipped, but hey.. he took the time to upload it to me at 2k/s, I'm sure you can take the time to download this piece of art. :)

Welp that's it for me now.. morning "news reading" time here at work is over.

Los

<i>P.S. - I'm combining July & August Map 'o the Month into 1 since there was next to nothing posted in July.</i>

Los Pescados

Infiltration Team Member
Nov 3, 2000
Surrey, BC, Canada
Oh I forgot to mention we also have that tbuildt map pack. I need to touch base with GulloneFox about it, cuz the one he sent me was kinda broken. We have reviewed Remagen, Crossfire and MayanValley (still to be posted, Eacthr is on vacation and I lost the review).

Los

erehwoN

The Bass Ackwards BTL
May 30, 2001
Wyoming, USA
Visit site
I also have 2 maps by Angelheart which I will convert to INF hopefully this weekend (yay! long weekend here in BC Canada). One is a Rune level which he converted to UT, and I'm still debating whether or not it can go on RealMaps -- I'd love to hear everyone's opinion on this.
I don't care how unreal it is. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that if it is by Angelheart, we want it!;)

jaymian

Sweet Merciful Crap!
Jan 25, 2001
What the....

So I'm assuming you didn't get my e-mail with my latest DOM map. It's called DOM-INF-Domination, and can be found here at:

www.bartkus.net/chopchop

As for AngelHeart's map, if it's not a "real" map, I don't know about it being reviewed at Realmaps. I'd still like to grab it and play it, but I think Realmaps needs to stick with reality, or they may as well start reviewing space castles with lava spewing out of them:)
Jaymian

DLL

Chrysolyte
Mar 12, 2001
But what if they're "real" space castles? Huh? Huh? ;)

I don't know about putting 'un'real maps on Realmaps... maybe if Realmaps had a seperate section? "Honorable mentions" or simply an "Unreal" section. I sure would like to see ANYTHING by Angelheart. That guy is talented.

Los Pescados

Infiltration Team Member
Nov 3, 2000
Surrey, BC, Canada
I like DLL's idea.

:)

BTW Jay map added to my list.. i may have not received it or not noticed it one of those days I was too burned out (not, not THAT type of burned out, Dank) to read email. :p I gotta go through my history more, but that is very rare that I would miss an email.

Mike

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
And about 3-4 CTF maps made by Ruben Hunt (author of TigerHunt and Appalachian Wonderland)
If I'm not wrong, the author is also known as Silver Ibex in this forum?

btw: Thanx for taking the time to review our maps Los. We known it's not easy to find time with your already busy schedule.
ps: Please don't bash my first map too hard. :p

Cheers
~ChaseDR

the vrrc

noexistant user
Jun 16, 2001
Visit site
A junkyard. I would like to see that... and everyone just wait until I finally finish DM-INF-Vrrc'sUrbanEstablishment, then you'll all be sorry... uh, nevermind. I am putting a lot of effort into it, trying to make it as real as possilble, but this is my first map I am really putting effort in. But to the other maps in realmaps it doens't look as good... but hey, it is only 35% done.

Los Pescados

Infiltration Team Member
Nov 3, 2000
Surrey, BC, Canada
Need I remind you that my first map was <a href="http://planetunreal.com/realmaps/showreview.asp?revid=40">Moving Day Massacre</a>? And don't say you can't do that, because you CAN. Hell, I did it. You just have to put some effort into it, and don't take shortcuts.

Don't just make a map, make a map that you WANT.

Mike

DredDamo

Nov 30, 2000
www.damodred.net
/me wants to know the inside BC joke.

<b>As to the AH map</b> - well, if it's TOTALLY Unreal, mention it and provide a link, but don't waste time reviewing it. If it's real unreal (hey, ancient ruins are real! they're just not very often a key battle point, LOL), then review it. You've done a great job so far, LP, so I'd trust your judgment on it.

Good to know you're on the job :D I <b>was</b> beginning to worry...

<b>thevrrc</b>: put it on RealMaps beta testing section asap if you haven't already :D There's always people eager to beta test and critique if it's obvious the author gives a damn about their map. And most do :)

Damodred
INFWAR Coordinator

the vrrc

noexistant user
Jun 16, 2001
Visit site
"put it on RealMaps beta testing section asap if you haven't already "

As soon as I finish the stage that most of my maps die at... lighting. Shudder. It is an outside city board too, so that offers many problems. I will finish the first version in it in about a week, but that time will be delayed because of a few or all of the following reasons:

1: I am too lazy.

2: I spent all day playing Diablo II.

3: I spent all day writing.

4: I spent all day making the map, didn't like it, and started from the beginning of the last stage I was at.

5: Something in it messes up, and I have to fix it.

6: Damned monkeys start a war again... usually takes a few weeks to calm those guys down.