Question about the Minimi....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
May 22, 2000
Amsterdamned
resolute.gamepoint.net
Will the Minimi only be firable from prone position. That would the most realistic thing to do, wouldnt it?

Oh and I've got another idea for the Inf team for AFTER the 3.0 release:
What do you guys think of some sort of High Definition Pack for Inf, it seems like the models could use some extra polys. I'm not saying that they look ugly now!

Keiichi

Old Timer
Mar 13, 2000
As far as I know, the M249 can be fired from a standing position just fine. Hell, I've seen people fire an M60 from the shoulder, so I'd assume that the Minimi shouldn't be a problem.

-Keiichi

rgreene

frag bait
Oct 16, 2000
I'm guessing that by the time 3.0 is out they will have already moved to a newer unreal technology, at which point it would only make sense for them to upgrade the poly counts on all their meshes.

TitanBlue

KATSU AKIGATA WA NAN DESUKA
Jul 27, 2001
Visit site
Another Minimi question

Another Minimi related question: will it work with M16-magazines in INF, as in RL? AFAIK the Minimi fires M16-mags without any changes (but 1000rpm instead 750). Could help if your belt is empty ;)

m249_4.jpg

I was surprised that there are really some non-US weapons working with M16-mags:

the belgian FN Minimi (without any changes)
the french FAMAS (AFAIK, right? but best with french ammo)
the german H&K G36 (with adaptor, but not available yet)

:minigun:
TitanBlue

LoTekK

Peon
Jul 26, 2001
Washington, DC
the "m16 mags" are really NATO STANAG magazines... the famas g2 was designed with the STANAG mags in mind, and as far as the extremely hot french ammo is concerned, they'll go in any 5.56 magazine...

LoTekK

Peon
Jul 26, 2001
Washington, DC
lol fur... :D

tobiwan, i don't have numbers (anyone wanna volunteer if they have any?), but AFAIK the french 5.56 would be the assault rifle equivalent of 9mm ++P... ;)

St0rmcaller

[AFA]'s unoffical godfather
Apr 4, 2001
United States of America
Re: Another Minimi question

Originally posted by TitanBlue
Another Minimi related question: will it work with M16-magazines in INF, as in RL? AFAIK the Minimi fires M16-mags without any changes (but 1000rpm instead 750). Could help if your belt is empty ;)

My experience is a bit more limited with the M-249 than with the M-16, but if anything, I would think that you would have to lower the rate of fire with the magazines, seeing as the feed is going to depend on the spring of the magazine. With the belt ammunition, the rounds are pulled into the chamber as opposed to pushed, which I would feel the pushing would be less effective.