Planet of the Apes...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jancaz Bru

the preposterous bollox of the situation
I saw Planet of the Apes last nite. Some people will say it was bad. Some may say the ending made it suck. I thought it was AWESOME. It's one of the best movies I've seen this year so far. I seriously want to see it again. The makeup makes it so believable. The script, IMO, was pretty much flawless. You know those lame witty 1-liner comments they throw into movies for "comic relief"? I loathe those. They were non-existant in POTA. That's another reason why I liked it.

The ending was really something I didn't expect. I won't give anything away, but I'll just say that it's not supposed to make sense. FOX even said so. It will blow you away, and make you think. It may even make you think the movie was good up until then. But I loved it. It leaves it open for sequels, and I'm not sure if that's a good idea though...

All in all, a muy muy bien from me!

(BTW, that's spanish for very very good :D)

Law

I see...
May 2, 2000
Visit site
I enjoyed the movie for what it was. Some people have dissected the movie on small inconsistencies. It's a summer action flick! Get over it!

I would give it a 4 out of 5. Not the best movie I've ever seen, but a very well done re-make of a great film. I'm looking forward to the sequel.

Jancaz Bru

the preposterous bollox of the situation
Yeah, it's a remake with the basic concept from the original, but there's some twists.. especially the end :D.

I've heard some people dis major on Tim Burton for "making a crappy movie". I think that people are saying that because of the end. I'll drop another hint.. it's NOT a happily-ever-after ending :).

el Gato

Has-Been
Jan 19, 2000
outside Raleigh NC
Originally posted by hal
Tim Burton really knows how to get atmosphere from a film. I'm really looking forward to seeing it because I'm becoming a big fan of his.

Roger that, Hal.

The Nightmare Before Christmas rocked. I'm sure POTA will also in it's own right.