Offical Avatar Stealing Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

afkik

Dec 23, 2000
Munich
Visit site
no, just save it as something, then upload it with whatever webspace you have, then just put the URL in your avatar and presto, you got a goshen head

Thrakhath

LunarMancer
Mar 29, 2001
Kanagawa
I like the idea, but I think people should just swap them, two people agree to trade them, and then you can trade that one with whoever. Kinda like a PuF version of Pokemon :D

We could also put all the avatars that we've "legally" collected in our sigs.

So to start it off, wanna swap TWD? I'll save it to my drive, and if you take my avatar I'll put your's up in mine.

Thrakhath

LunarMancer
Mar 29, 2001
Kanagawa
No, you have to swap, so to get mine, you'd need to get it from TWD (if he takes it). Then you build up a list of all the ones that you've been able to swap from everyone. If we just GIVE them out, it'll go too fast and won't be as much fun.

One rule should be, if you offer your avatar to someone, you should give them time to accept or decline. So, I think I'll wait and see what TWD says.

afkik

Dec 23, 2000
Munich
Visit site
i know that you meant swap, but i like your guy's avatars :D And if a really good one is traded somebody has to give them a good one in return or 2 crappy ones

Dinkums....yours scares me.... lol j/j

Thrakhath

LunarMancer
Mar 29, 2001
Kanagawa
No, then they would have to get an avatar WORTH trading. You can't just go trading multiple avatars . . . .

Well, maybe if they both were made by the person who you're trading with. What do you think?

I still think that you HAVE only ONE avatar at a time and can trade with whoever wants to, you just keep a record of the various avatars you've collected.

Thrakhath

LunarMancer
Mar 29, 2001
Kanagawa
Originally posted by afkik123
this is getting better and better. Start a new thread called "official avatar swap thread" :D

Do you think so? It might do better than the current title, but we've already gotten it going here kinda. IF we're going to do it, we should do it soon (before this gets big), and lay out the formal rules.

afkik

Dec 23, 2000
Munich
Visit site
hang on dinkums, wait till we get something going first before we start :) Thank you TWD for giving us this whole idea! Thrakhath, you can lay out the rules so it wont get confusing if we both do it at the same time

Thrakhath

LunarMancer
Mar 29, 2001
Kanagawa
Ok, here are the rules of the game as of right now.
  • You can HAVE only ONE avatar at a time. This would be the one in your avatar space. The only way to get another one is to trade with another PuFer for his/her's.
  • Trading is done when two people agree to swap their avatars. It should go something like this:
  1. PuFer #1: Downloads target PuFers avatar to a temporary directory, then posts, asking PuFer #2 if they want to swap. And then WAIT for a period of time so that PuFer #2 has time to decide
  2. PuFer #2: If PuFer #2 accepts the swap, they should put PuFer #1's avatar into their own avatar space. This completes the deal and PuFer #2 is allowed to trade.
  3. PuFer #1: Now HAS to put PuFer #2's former avatar (saved to the hard drive), into their own avatar space before they trade again.
  • If you get stuck with an avatar that no one will trade for, DON'T change it (maybe to something else on your drive). I suppose this rule COULD be over-ridden if everyone agrees to it, but lets try not to ok?
  • Trades are always ONE avatar for ONE avatar.
  • This isn't a rule, but would be kind of cool, if you combined the avatars that you have "leagally" acquired into one pic (to save the forums some trouble) and use it for a sig.

Look good? Am I forgetting anything?

afkik

Dec 23, 2000
Munich
Visit site
and i just started with the basics...lol

Uh, what about if the person made both of them, should they just go ahead and swap anyways? Like DS made TWD's, and they wanted to swap, it would be ok

There arent any problems with anything but im not sure if we should put them in our sigs because if everybody had 10 avatars in their sig than it would take a long time for the to load in a thread. Should there be a limit or something for a sig with the avatars like 3 or something?

Thrakhath

LunarMancer
Mar 29, 2001
Kanagawa
I don't think that the creator of the avatar should be considered, TWD "owns" the white dragon, and DS "owns" the shark. If they were to trade, TWD would then "own" the shark and DS would "own" the white dragon. At least for the duration of the game. And both of them could put their FORMER avatar(s) in their sig to show that at one point the did "own" it.

afkik

Dec 23, 2000
Munich
Visit site
oh ok, i see what you mean, in other words i would take your avatar, and you would take mine, then you would put yours in your sig and then i would put mine in my sig