PDA

View Full Version : Compact DE?

Zundfolge
30th Jul 2001, 10:44 PM
Well it's kind of silly but it seems the marketing wizzes at Magnum Research have realised that CCW weapons are the marketing bonanza of the day for the gun industry.

So here's the compact desert eagle in .357Mag

Mad_Dog
30th Jul 2001, 10:53 PM
is there a link for that gun? how much in a mag? what kinda comprimises did they make to the design? stop teasing us with pics!:D

Sebu_NZ
30th Jul 2001, 10:54 PM
Whats the length of the barrell on that?

Goodness the orginal was ugly enough, now this :p

Zundy its got nothing on your Tauraus

Zundfolge
30th Jul 2001, 11:00 PM
Zundy its got nothing on your Tauraus
Actualy, after discussing the Taurus on The Firing Line Forums (http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/index.php) I have decided I don't want it.

The major complaints about it (and the rest of the Millennium line) are that the triggers are gritty, inconsistent and to damn heavy. And they guns themselves tend to have feed problems (not to mention lack of accuracy).

So I'm gonna keep saving, and either go with a Para Ordnance, Kimber, Glock or HK.

As for the compact DE, all I can say is God bless Photoshop ;)

Sebu_NZ
30th Jul 2001, 11:05 PM
ah ok, well I say you get a CZ 75B, but then again that just me ;)

I was thinking that it look somewhat strange I couldn't put my finger on it, but I thought ah zundy is truthworthy, buh bye trust :D

Zundfolge
30th Jul 2001, 11:08 PM
The CZs are nice, but I really want a Para Ordnance 6.45LLDA or a Kimber Ultra CDP (both of which are at least twice the cost of the Taurus...which is why I may just settle for a Glock 30)

Mad_Dog
30th Jul 2001, 11:11 PM
bastard:D. nice pic...

Sebu_NZ
30th Jul 2001, 11:19 PM
What's this fetish for small guns zundy, I mean you know what they say abuot a man with a large gun :p

You buying it primarily for defence or shooting?

BTW, you got any other weapons?

Edit: spelling spelling spelling :rolleyes:

Zundfolge
30th Jul 2001, 11:25 PM
I'm currently shopping around for a carry weapon...I want something that I can wear in an IWB holster all day and still be (somewhat) comfortable...but I also don't want a mousegun with no stopping power.

Right now the only gun in the house is a Winchester 16ga shotgun (effective for hunting fowl and useful for home defense).

Once I get a good carry gun, I'll start looking for a real good range gun (right now I like the Kimber Gold Match (http://www.kimberamerica.com/Gold_Match.htm) )

I mean you know what they say abuot a man with a large gun
if a man with a large gun is trying to compensate for a small penis, then...well I think you see where I'm going with this ;)

Sebu_NZ
30th Jul 2001, 11:41 PM
LOL!!!!

So thats why my friend Bobby has a Desert Eagle :D

Thanks for the link http://www.thefiringline.com/, great site :)

Chow Yun-Fat
31st Jul 2001, 12:00 AM
Awww.. ain't it cute.. although wouldn't it be really impractical considering the recoil?

BlueSniper
31st Jul 2001, 04:01 AM
why dont you get a walther? they make great carry pistols for comfort too.

PPK's are a bit old, but they are great concealable pistols.

jaunty
31st Jul 2001, 08:51 AM
ZŁndy, have you considered one of the compact or sub-compact Glocks? As you may remember I bought my Girlfriend the Glock 33 (sub-compact .357sig) after a rather nasty incident that could have been avoided. (not that I'm callin' you a lady or anythin' ;))

Its a Glock, so of course, 'nuff said about reliability, etc. .357sig is probably one of the best all round pistol loads out there now. Good penetration, JHPs do insane damage, hell, the FBI would be using it now if there wasn't a risk of it going through people.

Zundfolge
31st Jul 2001, 10:09 AM
I don't want a PPK because it's either a .32acp (which qualifies as mousegun) or .380 (which is almost a mousegun).

As for Glock, I haven't written them off completely.
My problems with Glock are as follows...
1. They (and Ruger and Beretta) may be making a deal with the UN to register owners of their weapons with the UN (until I have more facts on this one, I'm not sure I trust Glock...if it turns out to be true I plan to join the boycott of Glock, Ruger and Beretta)
2. Everyone and their DOG has a Glock... I know, not the best reason in the world :)
3. Even the G36 and other "slimline" glocks are somewhat bulky...it's the thickness of a gun, not the length that determines how concealable it is.

That said, if I am unable to find a Steyr S-40 or if I can't save up the money for a ParaOrdnance or Kimber, I'll probably end up with a Glock 30 (which is only a couple of hundredths of an inch thicker then the G36, but carries 4 extra rounds).

If I go with a load other then .45acp it will probably be .40S&W (although if the right .357Sig came along... :) )

jaunty
1st Aug 2001, 04:47 AM
The right .357sig... suc has the Sig P226? or the P239? :D

What better weapon for a cartridge than that by the company who developed both.

Sebu_NZ
1st Aug 2001, 03:11 PM
Zundy!

Its True! :p

http://www.remtek.com/arms/imi/baby/pcompact/pcompact.gif

its in either 9mm or 40.

Click here to look at crap weapons (http://www.remtek.com/arms/imi/baby/index.htm)

Zundfolge
1st Aug 2001, 03:21 PM
That's a Jerico (aka "Baby Eagle") built by the Isreali end of the company (IMI builds the Jerico, Uzi, Galil...lots of real nice weapons)

actualy a very nice handgun, not crap at all...I'd take a case of those over one DE :)

phatcat
1st Aug 2001, 04:05 PM
god.. all it needs to be now is ****'n PINK :D

hehe :)

Sebu_NZ
2nd Aug 2001, 08:20 PM
There just aint no please you is there zundy :p

DENSRAW
2nd Aug 2001, 08:57 PM
Is a Mk23 too expensive or hefty for you?

Zundfolge
2nd Aug 2001, 09:08 PM
A Mk23 (I assume you mean an H&K) is much to pricey for me (around $1200...I could get a real nice Kimber for that). But I do like the USP, which is just about the same gun (and you can get it in a compact). As for size, I want a carry piece, but my next gun will be a good range gun (would live to get my hands on a full size Kimber Gold Match)

I've been round and round trying to decide how to spend my money when it comes to a handgun, and frankly I'm about 80% sure I'm gonna just get a Steyr M40 (I'd prefer an S40, but those aren't being shipped into the US for who knows how long, and when they do demand is going to be freaking high...just read the Firing Line forums :) )

phatcat said

god.. all it needs to be now is ****'n PINK :D

I think they can do pink ;)
http://www.trippresearch.com/combo/combo.htm