Desperate...help, my save games won't load...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

oddball

Jul 25, 2001
Visit site
here's the facts.
1) everything was fine until I installed unreal gold
2) I tried to copy my saves into the unreal gold saves folder but they went unnoticed
3) I then tried to play unreal as before and it kept saying that a window.dll was moved or missing
4) I reinstalled the game and I still get that message but I noticed that there are two options in the start menu.... unreal.....play unreal
5) clicking on "play unreal" the game loads but my saves don't show up
6) I noticed that I can load the save in three ways from the console....open from windows with unreal as the source....by clicking on the empty slot in the load menu
7) the same problem happens with all three ways.....the games will play without hud and if i press escape to save it crashes
8) I have applied the patch
9) I saw how you can rename the empty slots and that works except it doesn't correct the no hud etc problem
10) I am 3/4 through the game and would like to continue, is there any way to get these saves working properly again?