bots and sidearms

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

LoTekK

Peon
Jul 26, 2001
Washington, DC
i was playing inf just now using the m9 arena mutator, and after i died and was in spectator mode, i realized with a huge shock that the bots were firing their m9's in bursts... i'm not talking pop-pop-pop, i'm talking an mp5-type burst... at first i was thinking maybe it's justa sound screwup, but i went up close and watched them fire burst after burst with their m9s... very accurately, too, i might say, and at very long range (and this was on either average or experienced)... is that normal? is the team aware of this issue? are they going to do anything about it?

cheers,
teck

LoTekK

Peon
Jul 26, 2001
Washington, DC
well, the accuracy i'll give them... but the glock 18 firing rate, i can't accept... when i first loaded up m9 arena, and the bots started firing, i thought maybe the mutator was broke... til i looked closer with the spectator cam...

cheers,
teck

Roland

Disposable Hero
Mar 28, 2001
155 sig sqn
I've noticed the full auto bot M9's as well.
I altered one team to only carry the pistols, and then I only used pistols as well. So of course it was quite surprising to be subjected to full auto/burst fire.
Maybe those crafty little bots replaced their Beretta 92's with Beretta 93's :)

Chow Yun-Fat

W3RD UP
Jan 20, 2001
Maybe those crafty little bots replaced their Beretta 92's with Beretta 93's

damnit! how come the bots get 93s:D man, chow with a 93, that'd be one of the signs that the world is going to end.

the vrrc

noexistant user
Jun 16, 2001
Visit site
Let's just face it: The bots get a lot of free time when your not playing, so they adjust their guns. They open up their M16's and change everything inside. They replace parts and make new ones. They add a small sniper bullet in the shotgun shell so they can hit things far away, they add a belt feed feature in most handguns, they also find a way to make all recoil energy fly out with the bullet to do more damage. The bots just have too much free time on their hands. ;)

LoTekK

Peon
Jul 26, 2001
Washington, DC
wait'll the bots show up with that rapid-fire anti-personell guided missile launcher they've been working on... then we're screwed... :con:

cheers,
teck

Cpt.Cypher

I Go By Cypher Now
Apr 7, 2001
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Visit site
Then they'd just tinker in the warehouses and build tanks with wings and about 100 inches of titanium armor. And it wold be 100 feet long with rapid fire cannons and flamethrowers. They'd even throw us there super M9's and laugh.

the vrrc

noexistant user
Jun 16, 2001
Visit site
The bots are planning on taking over the world. I just stumbled upon their secret plans! I just fought them and they were using weapons imported from UT and Unreal! AAAHHH!

We must unite and protect ourselves from the bots. Everyone, take heed: set your bots to novice to strip them of their skills!