Too many SMG's and Assault Rifles, and soon, sidearms... We need more variety

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bullzeye

A damn shifty character...
Jan 30, 2001
I'm lost...
We need to include more stuff in the *other* category...

I'm talking GAMEPLAY improvements,
more organized inventory concepts,
and maybe some additional guns in these categories instead:
>machine guns
>launchers
>explosives

We hopefully aren't getting any more SMG's and AR's so how about a German MG3 (modern MG42)
Or perhaps some other MG

Some launchers to throw into the mix
LAWs, no matter how you put it, it is great against guys who are dug in deep and kickin' your teams A$$... having a ballanced table of weaponry vastly improves on the amount of realism... We don't need any more SMG's no matter how you look at it... The MP5 Navy is overdoing it if you ask me...
We are overrun with Assault Rifles... M-16, M4, FAMAS, G36C, Sig 551...

We could use a silenced sniper rifle, everyone seems to be wondering about that... So what if alot of people would use it... SH!T, everyone uses the FN P90, it's ridiculous, but I don't call them P90 whores, enough with this "whore" Bull SH!T, this is an online gaming community, dont be assholes...

But like I was saying, enough with the Assault Rifles and SMG's

Work on more types of ammo, smoke grenades, binoculars, launchers, machine guns... Maybe a new carrying system, a better respawn concept... Better damage placement.

As soon as the game concepts are improved, then start adding new weapons. We need to work on the GAME, not the guns.
I know everyone enjoys seeing the new guns in the armory, but it is about time we see some new concepts in the GAMEPLAY department here...

I am sure that you are working on new ideas and I know you developers do have lives that you must tend to. But when you have to sit down and work on the game, don't discuss what new weapons to put in, or how you could redesign the opening screen, try to come of with some seriously mindblowing new concepts that may change squad level FPS as we know it...

We are all looking for a good fight, but we are also looking for new and ambitious concepts in the process...

poaw

You used to sleep easy at night.
Mar 25, 2001
Camp Pendleton, California
As far as more guns, I think one MG is enough for right now. Same with two launchers.

For a supressed sniper rifle, you can just use the FA-MAS with supressor and ACOG.

We already have enough explosives to do the job. Anymore is outside of the scope of the combat in Infiltration.

I say we need more ARs, and SMGs, right now they lack both an AR with an intergal scope (G36/G36K) and a bullpup AR with an intergal scope (SAR-21). And how about a battle rifle (M14)? And then we'd need a short BR for those close encounters (G3KA4).

Last I checked the team was capable of working on weapons and gameplay at the same time. Some people are amazing like that....

They can't really do anything new and totally original, because at the very basic level whatever they do will be rooted in reality. And most of the things Infiltration can do have already been done (albeit in different products).

EDIT: Removed flames. I'm dong my part to make the forums a better place.

Bullzeye

A damn shifty character...
Jan 30, 2001
I'm lost...
HEY MAGIC

Once again, I am suggesting this for future versions but everyone thinks that when someone makes a suggestion it means: THE VERY NEXT VERSION, NOW, LIKE NOW, LIKE RIGHT NOW!!!

Nooooo..... actually it means in the FUTURE that PERHAPS the team could take an honest LOOK at my SUGGESTION and say HEY maybe this post is correct. I dunno.

Maybe I should just explain every word in my post thoroughly in order to get my point accross...

WHEN the team gets to it then they get to it, until then I will settle for this extremely realistic and excellent mod...

CrappyChan

Come on snow!
Mar 3, 2001
**** once the SOCOM is relased its all im gonna use along with an M9 or Five seveN. .45 ACP ALL THE WAY!

CrappyChan

Come on snow!
Mar 3, 2001
Hehe yeah thats whats gonna suck once body armour is in INF, pistols are gonna be hard to use. Have to go for headshots. I be sure to carry around a P90.

DENSRAW

Grammaton Cleric
Dec 21, 2000
Actually, since different ammo types will be added, we'll see more guns with armor piercing capabilities.

Dr_Strangelove

http://www.jeremycox.com
Apr 1, 2000
US
www.jeremycox.com
Personally, I don't see the use of a SUPPRESSED (not silenced... know the difference) sniper rifle. If you do it right, the target will be dead before they even hear the shot fired. The other problem is the fact that suppressors reduce both the muzzle velocity and the accuracy.

Chow Yun-Fat

W3RD UP
Jan 20, 2001
Hehe yeah thats whats gonna suck once body armour is in INF, pistols are gonna be hard to use

Bah! You put enough bullets in the right direction they're sure to feel it. :D

I'm more interested in the shotgun stopping powers myself..:)

Mar 19, 2001
San Diego, CA
Originally posted by Dr_Strangelove
Personally, I don't see the use of a SUPPRESSED (not silenced... know the difference) sniper rifle. If you do it right, the target will be dead before they even hear the shot fired. The other problem is the fact that suppressors reduce both the muzzle velocity and the accuracy.

To slow down/stop hostiles in locating the position you sniped from so you can relocate without them all converging on you
:sniper:

})FA|Snake

Aug 5, 2000
Visit site
No I'd like a 7.62 scout sniper, bolt-action, hopefully suppressed. Considering the ranges that the rifles are fired from in INF the muzzle velocity shouldn't make that big of an impact.

But most of all, i want the TRACERS REMOVED from the sniper rifles, i hate when they give me away