Enforcer Arena Beta 1!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Neuroflare

Brewer - Patriot
Jun 21, 2001
I dunno
wod.beyondunreal.com
C'mon people... its not just any other weapon arena... it's extrememly different. And I'm not just saying that to get people to download it. It's actually different, and I want some feedback on it. It's my first mod/mute whatever you want to call it. It's not like Pulse arena or Rocket Launcher arena... it's very original.

Postal

I apear to have lost my pin.
Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
Describe it then(I have been busy, so I havnt played mods for along time, so I dont download something unless I am sure I want it)

Jun 12, 2001
www.planetunreal.com
Whoops

There are a few problems, Neuroflare. (These are from the version you gave me)

1) The default enforcer dosen't work. This is because its ammo is replaced with the "all purpose ammo".

Either make a new default enforcer or in your ammo replacing code don't replace ammo which has a mymarker.

if (other.isa('ammo') && (other.mymarker == none))

That might be a !=, not a ==. Don't really know. Look in the Lastmanstanding code, where it replaces stuff.

2) Even though you have different ammo uses, the refire rates must be slower on the more powerful weapon to balance it.

3) All the primary fires are the same. It's boring...

4) I just found out that someone has done this before. I think its called Pulsegun madness. Your one will be better. That one has no balancing features at all. The redeemer-pulsegun has the same ammo usage and rof as the flak-pulsegun.

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
PulseGun Madness

PulseGun Madness is actually pretty damn cool despite the balance factor. It hasd pulse guns that are not directly derived from UT weapons, which is quite cool. Rainbow Gun!

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
The sniper enforcer has some problems. Its shots don't make sparks, and when zoomed in, it doesn't seem acurate (a bit difficult to tell, though, because of its lack of sparks). I think you should reskin all of them, too. I could make some skins for you.

Neuroflare

Brewer - Patriot
Jun 21, 2001
I dunno
wod.beyondunreal.com
I was intending on doing that, but I dont have all that much time during my day anymore, what with Hackmaster the rpg being out. That'd be cool if you did.

Sniper Enforcer - I can't figure out how to make it more accurate, so its kinda pointless other than the fact that it zooms in.

How do I make it so that you can only hold one gun? If you have maxed out ammo and fire the redeemer enforcer, it shoots twice, leaving the shooter ammoless and upset.

Also, help me think of some primary fires, and how do I slow down rof?

Postal

I apear to have lost my pin.
Nov 14, 1999
WoD.BeyondUnreal.com
umm, I know how, I jsut cant realy explain it.

Look at the disperson pistol code, where it handles picking up a upgrade canister, just change it so, when you grab another isa('wweapon') that the current weapon dropfrom(); and select the new weapon, aka other

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
I like how you could get akimbo w/ all of them. I had the same problem with my Painful Sniper Rifle as with your Sniper Enforcer. I just messed with the fire offset a bunch till it was all good-like.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Hey, look! More feedback! I played on a better map this time and got to play w/ all of them this time. Deffinitly keep the akimboness. The mini enforcer is kinda boring and has the same spark problem as the sniper enforcer. Also, the max ammo amount seems a bit high to me. I think you should either lower it, or make a wider range of ammo usage among the enforcers to do stuff. Yeah.

Bytekeeper

Last of the Brunnen G
Jul 15, 2001
Germany
Visit site
lalalululolo

Originally posted by Neuroflare

How do I make it so that you can only hold one gun? If you have maxed out ammo and fire the redeemer enforcer, it shoots twice, leaving the shooter ammoless and upset.

Also, help me think of some primary fires, and how do I slow down rof?

Hi there,
There's a slaveenforcer within the enforcer, just make sure the var never get's filled.
Not sure about redeemer stuff...
Slowing down ROF depends on the weapon. The enforcer is a weapon without a animation loop like minigun etc. so you just need to adjust the animationspeed of the gun IMHO ;)

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Your redeemer enforcer is messed up. After firing in primary, you lose the gun, and in secondary, only one of the guns fire. You told me the code I gave you worked!

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
Originally posted by Neuroflare
Should I make it so that you can only hold one enforcer type of enforcer at a time? Example: if you pick up a sniper enforcer, you drop your bioenforcer.

abso-frickin-lutely-NOT! where would the skill be in deciding which weapon to use, and how much ammo you could spare on it?

keep all in inventory, I says! That's strategy! which weapon to use, how much ammo you have.....

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Who is that guy? He's got a BONE under his name! And he supposedly dwells in hell! I've heard bad things about that place... I think we'd better watch this guy...