PDA

View Full Version : Corona's?

Nexus350
26th Jul 2001, 09:54 PM
I'm having some trouble getting corona's to work. I set the light properties so that bcorona is true, I select a texture, I make sure the scaleglow is up as recomended in the tutorials I see, but when I rebuild and and run the level...kablam...nothing...
anybody have some good advice?

cool breeze
26th Jul 2001, 10:46 PM
under light properties/Display/Skin put in a lens flare like this

ChrisToth.hu
27th Jul 2001, 04:02 PM
And you need to do a FULL rebuild in order to make it visible.

Bean[FuzzMod]
27th Jul 2001, 04:21 PM
if you are watching all of your results in that little ued2 realtime box, make sure you have software and d3d corona rendering set to true

Lodev
27th Jul 2001, 05:28 PM
here's something about coronas: http://www.perilith.com/~lode/tutorials/lighting/lighting.html#coronas and if you read a bit further there's also about animated coronas, and later even about moving coronas

Nexus350
28th Jul 2001, 01:55 AM
yeah I checked those out and ended up downloading all of your tutorials! Hats off to ya man, those tutorials were excellent!

anyhow, I found out that the corona's were there, but for some reason ued would keep setting the game to software mode when I would start the game through ued itself (ctrl-p, 'play game')
when I re-configured ut through safe mode and ran the map by renaming it with the DM- prefix and selecting it in a practice game, the corona's worked fine