need help with server login

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

totalnewb

Jul 23, 2001
Visit site
I am looking for some help on how to join online UT games. I never thought I would enjoy this game so much:) I got it as bundled software with my new soundcard and my jaw is still on the floor...awesome game. BUT, of course I got no kind of game manual at all with it and now that I want to play online I just cannot seem to figure out how to connect to others to play. Within the game I have tried the "find internet games" function and I see a message saying "querying server" but no server lists ever pop up. I live in the middle of nowhere and I'm on a phone modem....is my connection just so bad that no servers are within allowable ping range? Should I try playing on HEAT or Mplayer? If so...which one is better for playing UT? Thanks in advance for any help.