DM-INF-IronAge ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jon

Feb 14, 2000
Visit site
I've just been converting a map I made for Rune of
a Celtic village, to UT and I was wondering if there would be any interest in me doing an Infiltration specific version as its a bit of topic ? here's a screen.

Starstreams

Mar 12, 2001
USA
mgiese1.home.comcast.net
WoW, keep them shots coming, that sky and them pine trees are looking just fine!
5s.gif

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
LOL
I think Angelheart wants ur answer to his question, not just compliments. :)

Just take it as 3 yes's so far anyway. :p

May 22, 2000
Amsterdamned
resolute.gamepoint.net
I also very much like your maps Angel, but there is a major downside. (Dont take this offensive plz :) )
The maps i played from you, Chiller-Nam-Pantzer, are all beautifully textured, but the layout is just no fun. I stopped playing all of them after a couple of rounds.
I must say i was inpressed by your UrbanAssault series...THATS the map layout I'm talking about!
Well that's my rant, again, plz dont take this as a personel attack, I'm just trying to suggest stuff to make your maps even better!
Looking forward to that Rune map though!

Cpt.Cypher

I Go By Cypher Now
Apr 7, 2001
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Visit site
I disagree with you on Panzer. But, yes, Nam and and Chiller arn't the best layout. But I highley recommend that you play both Thing and Suberban Deluxe. Although, Suberban Deluxe doesn't have the tunnel system the Strike Force version had.

But please, by all means, bring us more mapping godness (thats not a mistype, I didn't mean goodness). I am sure that any map you bring out for us will be great - without a doubt.

jon

Feb 14, 2000
Visit site
Yeah, I know what you mean, game play seems to be a purely accidental
phenomenon when it turns up in one of my maps. Guess I'm just trying
to make something that looks and feels realistic and is good to look at. It's always
seemed a great shame to me how under used the Unreal engine is. Apart from some of the
stuff you see at Real Maps, most UT levels just have this overwhelming unreal Lego feel
to them. Even those new Unreal2 and warfare engine levels, when you look close,
still have that good old UT, unreal, blocky look to them. I guess there must be people out
there who love that kind of thing, but it does nothing for me. Obviously game play should
over ride looks in a game or you end up with Myst. But it can go to far and you get Deus Ex
IMHO reality almost never flows, doesn't have game play, is always dirty, even in new buildings, and is jam
packed full of potentially high poly things which you bump into, get caught up on and generally
just get in your way and distract your attention . Levels that aren’t like this, no matter how good the game play is, will never look very real. But that’s just me :)
Oh, and T-Ahlen is the exception to the rule, game play and good looks :)
Some more high poly low game play coming very soon

Starstreams

Mar 12, 2001
USA
mgiese1.home.comcast.net
Holy shi! WOW.....
4s.gif

Dude why aren’t you working for Legend on the Unreal2?
Maybe I’ve had too many beers, but them shots are breath taking!

I totally agree with you Angel on the typical UT look. Dude you don’t even have to explain yourself. ;)
Anyway, back to what you were saying about the New U2 levels having the classic look, I can tell you right now that I don’t dig some of the characters in the new Unreal. I mean some of the monsters look cool, but them robots almost look like the toy figures you buy for your kids. Don’t get be wrong, them new Unreal2 shots look unbelievable scenery wise, but that “WOW” is gone. I’m talking about the distant abstract ideas. all the out of this world thinkers that are drawing up creatures that will never make it to prim time. Just like the starving musicians. I can already see that commercial look in some of the characters. Unreal 1 was way ahead of its time, and although the new engine is way more advanced, it will probably never touch the concept: That eerie feeling you got from “Unreal 1” like you were alone in hell. Well at least that’s the way Uneral1 made me feel, and it was kind of cool to escape the real world.

Anyway, keep thinking like you do, it is adrenalin feed by the unknown that makes us reach for the impossible

Last edited:

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
Originally posted by phatcat
you have grade A stuff :eek:

oh how I wish I could show my stuff but my team leader won't let me :(

team leader? r u working on a mod by any chance cat?