Co-op = unlimited respawn?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CyanideTriscuit

UScript hack
Jun 25, 2001
The Triscuit Zone
Visit site
Try as I may, I cannot find a way to start a co-op match in which players do not respawn an unlimited number of times. The reason I ask is that I will be putting up a humans vs. monsters server up when I go back to school this September. There are plenty of perfectly fine TDM servers up anywho, no need for another one. The best way to set it up with Pathetico's mutator (the most appropriate I've found so far after 4 straight hours of monster fragging) is to start the game as a co-op match, so the human/bot players don't kill each other. However, I would like to set reinforcements to 0 (no respawns). We want to keep our unreality real, mmmkay?

Unfortunately, changing the reinforcements number in the menu has absolutely no effect. This is not from pathetico's mutator, I tried it in a regular co-op game as well. So, what's the deal? Is it intentionally this way? If so, can it be changed?

PS: If pathetico is still lurking and would be willing to do some more coding on INFMonsters or if someone with some UScript (or whatever it takes) knowledge would be willing to code a new monster mutator, PM me. Hell, PM me if you know what direction to point me in and a few UScript tutorial sites and I'll code the damn thing myself. I've got nothing to do 'till September :p

KhaliL-45c

Mar 16, 2001
Jersey City
Visit site
Don't bother with Co-op. For my server, I just set it to TDM, but manually edit the camo defaults to urban for both teams, and just have in the MoTD not to kill people or banned. It works.

CyanideTriscuit

UScript hack
Jun 25, 2001
The Triscuit Zone
Visit site
But but but.... ahhh.... Sure. I've gotten ahold of the INFMonsters source and am going to make some modifications of my own (assuming pathetico responds to my email asking for permission). The easiest stuff to do (what I already know how to do) would be to add more variety of monsters and make monster selection dependent on the map. My more ambitious goals (what I will hopefully learn how to do) include restarting the monster cycle at the beginning of each round and scoring it as an actual co-op monster vs marines game. I was just hoping that one of my more ambitious goals was already taken care of for me.

Does anyone know where I could get ahold of pathetico's mutator that took away individual scores and just kept total team scores? That would be a great fix until I become more proficient with UScript...