assigning ip addresses

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

krout

Jul 22, 2001
Illinois
Visit site
a question arose when i was reading about someone's problem on not being able to play ut in a lan. just curious as how to assign ip addresses to computers once we've gotten tcp/ip protocols enabled.

and

is there any way to just disable a protocol, or do i have to completely remove it and and reinstall it when i need to use it again...that is...if other protocols are interfering at the time?

krout

Hatecrime69

Novice
Jan 30, 2000
Visit site
in windows 9x you go to network setup (right click on network neibhorhood and go to properties) and double click on tcp/ip for the network card and you will see a window open and ip address should be the first tab you see the "optain an ip address automadicly" will be selected, change it to "spesfiy an ip address" valad ip ranges for lan's are 10.0.0.x (x being from 0 to 255) or 192.168.0.x (again x being 0 to 255) and the subnet will be 255.255.255.0