PDA

View Full Version : WoD Groupie Mod

Neuroflare
22nd Jul 2001, 10:25 PM
I was thinking, that since all of us here that support, worship, and/or work at WoD, should make a mod. If not thats fine 'cause this is just another one of my crazy ideas. If you want to, just start putting up ideas on mods to make. Here's some:

(This Also includes Smoke39's)

Twisted Metal
C&C
Worms
Ninjitsu
Mario
EarthBound
Metroid
Bionic Commando
Counter Terrorism
Titan AE
Batman
Robocop
Robotech
Fuedal Japan
D&D

Smoke39
22nd Jul 2001, 11:09 PM
Er, the Counter Terrorism one was meant as a joke...

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
22nd Jul 2001, 11:42 PM
I personally think that it is better to not make a mod themed on a tv show or other game. I don't mind taking the theme, the general idea, but you have more creative freedom and less copywrite trouble if you design your own world.

I would love a UT strategy game where each player was a ghost and commanded a team of bots or creatures in C&C style.

Smoke39
22nd Jul 2001, 11:47 PM
Well, I suggested Bionic Commando because I thought it was cool how you had to use a grappling hook to swing around rather than jumping about. I think that'd be cool, if mapps and coding were done correctly.

Kangus
23rd Jul 2001, 06:25 PM
a worms style mod would rock if someone could figure out a good destroyable landscape system.

Neuroflare
24th Jul 2001, 01:59 AM
Thats why im in favor of feudal japan or, if possible, Shadow Warrior... Who wants some Wang?

A destroyable landscape system could be done in maps if the mapper made it so that the landscape was destroyable chunks, so when you fired it was destroyed, but that could cause lag, and lots of it. someones making a worms half-life, Its at PHL.

Kangus
24th Jul 2001, 12:15 PM
destroyable land in most maps is movers. It would take a hell of a lot of tiny movers to do it right.

Dragonfly_of_Forgery
25th Jul 2001, 02:38 AM
You could use objects for destroyable terrain. (like crates, except rock shaped)

Kangus
25th Jul 2001, 07:23 AM
thats true. If it wasn't for UTs collision system, that would work out perfect too. I hate the vertical collision cylinder method.

SamMaster
25th Jul 2001, 10:47 AM
How about an "Astro the robot" mod? Wouldn't that be cool?

Smoke39
25th Jul 2001, 01:49 PM
Who is this "Astro" you speak of?

SamMaster
25th Jul 2001, 04:07 PM
Him:
:D

http://www.generation.net/~choupie/astro/ciel.jpg

Smoke39
25th Jul 2001, 04:27 PM
Ah!

Postal
27th Jul 2001, 06:08 PM
Reminds me of the old Project Unreal idea.

Well more like what it bacame, Shadow Company.

Smoke39
27th Aug 2001, 01:43 AM
I just thought of something. What about an Inspector Gadget mod? You could blunder about using all kinds of useless gadgets, while saying such silly things as, "Go go gadget squirt gun!" And you could blow up the chief in a trash can!

SamMaster
27th Aug 2001, 04:19 PM
LOL! That would be sweet!

Postal
27th Aug 2001, 04:23 PM
I have been under presure to start a "official" WoD mod, and Kangus likes my idea, sort of like WAR or Project Unreal Aka Shadow Company.

Who would surport this?