PDA

View Full Version : make something move more than once??

Ryan
20th Jul 2001, 11:43 PM
How do I make a mover move more than one time example lets say i want a car to fallow a curvey road so it would have to move left than right and so on rather than just key 1 then base???

tarquin
21st Jul 2001, 05:41 AM
One of the mover's properties tells it how many keys to use. It's called somehting like... NumKeys. :)

Techno JF
21st Jul 2001, 12:26 PM
If you want it to have extremely realistic movement, I think you will need to use interpolation points. This is something I heard on another forum, so I can't confirm or deny it. If you have the original Unreal, I suggest looking at the Serpent Canyon map (NaliBoat.unr) in the editor, and trying to figure out how the boat moves through the water.

ZodiaK
23rd Jul 2001, 02:19 AM
the UT intro map (cityintro.unr) also uses interpolation points.

Machismo
23rd Jul 2001, 02:51 AM
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Interolation points are used to make intro movies kinda stuff (this is what has been ported and upgraded to the Matinee tool to create cut scences in Unreal engine Build 736).

To make the curvy kinda stuff use key points go here for the tutorial :

http://www.unrealism.com/unrealedmax/misckeypoint.shtml.

I fwhat u wanted to know was how to make a car go fom frame 0 to 1 and then on and on so that it never stops set the object>initial state of the attach mover (assuming that you are using a actor>decorations>car or one of the other prefab cars) to

TriggerPounD

Techno JF
23rd Jul 2001, 08:23 AM
Sorry about that. I knew that Interpolation Points were used to create flybys but I thought that they were used to make other things move as well. I just opened Serpent Canyon and looked at how it was done. What I should have said was to use PathPoints (under Keypoints). I think I saw a tutorial for them at UnrealEd.exe too.

Ryan
23rd Jul 2001, 08:30 AM
THANX

ZodiaK
23rd Jul 2001, 01:30 PM
...and i kinda expected TechnoArcher knew what he was talking about (no offense) and tried to give some reference...but seems y'all got it sorted out.

Techno JF
23rd Jul 2001, 01:46 PM
Oh well, I usually don't post unless I'm relatively sure, and I thought I was. At least I was half correct; I knew that it involved some type of Keypoint that directs movement through a path of these actors, but I was wrong about the name. Otherwise, I would never have said that InterpolationPoints were used in Serpent Canyon.