Sound Lag (no-one helped in troubleshooting)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The Bullgod

Not A Trendy A$$hole
I'm getting really bad lag on my sound while playing UT. It's not an internet problem either, it does it offline too.

It sets in after about 2 mins. and all my sound gets delayed by around 1-2 seconds, which is making the game hard to play.

My sound card is onboard, and there's nothing wrong with it.

I don't think the card is at fault, though. It's never done this before. I can't think of anything I have changed that could affect this. All the sound settings are on 'crap' anyway, and the music is turned off. Is it time for a re-install?

Stryker8

Jan 26, 2000
got the same probs, onboard card to, but i don't tend to look for answers, since after a year i have found none

Cablebait

May 23, 2001
canada
Visit site
although it is an onboard card,you still need to post what type of card it is and the chipset?..aureal,eax.....as you update windows and directx ,you might also have to update your drivers,and vice-versa.btw..a3d drivers are screwy,and since they outa business,you outa luck.I believe it is possible for you to add a soundcard and disable your present one?cards are quite cheap to buy.suggest the sb live.You also need to use your card in accordance with your systems specs?ram,speed..ect.

]Bs[~Bull}{Dog~

Oct 21, 2000
My sound card is onboard, and there's nothing wrong with it.
heeh want to bet?? lol get ur self a SB live, they r dirt cheap now and are the mutz nuts :D

you might be able to change some of the advanced settings, im not sure which 1s as ive never had to mess with my soud settings. type 'preferences' into the console and have a look in there.. make sure ur not running in open gl when u do that as it windows UT
have a play with the settings, it doesnt matter if u mess everything up as ur heading ro a reinstall anyway :)

the~oreca

Retired.
Jul 10, 2000
NB, Canada
I'm not a sound expert nor at fixing most problems but sometimes this happens to me, only online. I fix it by reconnecting to the server, and yes I use a onboard card.
The best I can telll you is to try re-installing :hmm: