Normandy screenshots

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GNAT

Jan 4, 2001
WWW.TeamMuf.COM
looks good! really good... the dead bodies is what a map like that needs. Just a little note - from documentaries I have seen they said you couldn't walk on the beaches without stepping on someone.

And I wonder about the scale of the water bound personel carrier. It looks big to me but I have nothing to compare it too.

Good luck and I can't wait to see more.

S.A.R.G.E.

WWII Mapper
Jul 7, 2000
www.geocities.com
thx

hey guys...thx for the feedback

another thing is that those bodies are of friendly soldiers who were tapped by the bright line that suddenly appears in the air from some far away enemy:)

i am still trying to get the lighting to look right, and if anyone has a nice overcast sky texture, let me know!

thx s.a.r.g.e.

DeadEyeNick

Dec 30, 2000
Nice, awesome atmosphere, looks like theres now 3 Normandy style map in development for INF.
One of the shots shows u brought the wrong weapon into battle. :p *COUGH*de*COUGH*

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
lookin' nice, i especially like the landing boats and the bunkers... do you have some close-up shots of those?
the beach itself looks a bit flat, though

S.A.R.G.E.

WWII Mapper
Jul 7, 2000
www.geocities.com
flat beach

the reason for the flat beach is what we all dread, high polys!

:)

p.s. there isnt a way to make regular brushed fade as you get farther without fog is there?

Last edited:

wint-o-green

I'd rather be playing H&D 2
May 12, 2001
Guardania Castle
Or it could be a different section of the beach. Not everyone landed at Dog Green, Omaha - the part in private ryan. There were also the Gold, Sword, Utah, and Juno beaches.

Last edited:

S.A.R.G.E.

WWII Mapper
Jul 7, 2000
www.geocities.com
thx

the bunkers are actually scaled and the beach is actually scaled from many photos and actual cross sections

it doesnt have to be dog green or omaha, its basically Normandy :)

sarge